Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 Malibu with a 2.4L 6 speed LT with 145K miles. I replaced the timing chain along with a lot of other work while I was in there. (I'll be making a lot of posts in the future)

I’m putting my engine back together and cannot recall what component attaches to this air hose and bolts to the engine just above the heat shield. Does anyone have a pictures of their 2.4L engine with this component in it?

Motor vehicle Auto part Machine Engineering Nut

It connects to this silver pipe which goes by the transmission side of the engine and partially blocks the thermostat housing. It then goes to a valve of sorts that bolts to the oil pan and then has a connection to the air inlet box. It’s very strange because I can’t find this silver tube on parts diagrams as many of the same vehicles do not have it.

White Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mystery solved. I went to the dealer with my VIN number. The part is the secondary air injection valve that connects to the silver pipe. I went into my garage and the part was in a heavy Hyundai Entourage bag. The old bag was labeled and a door hardware component and it did look similar and was for some reason not in the parts box. BTW, if you need one the dealer quoted $300. Glad I don't!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts