Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get my hands on an '09 LTZ. The dealer has to locate the exact vehicle I want, but I need some help to get the best deal possible. I get the $2750 from GM, Alcoa family members pricing, and the Credit Union discount. I believe after these three incentives, the price of the car would be around $23400. Is there any other incentives I can get to bring the price down? What about the documentation fees that I've read about? What are they and how do I get them to lower that price?

Also, the dealer originally offered me $10,500 for my Mazda 3, now they called back and said they'd give me $12,000. The trade in value on KBB is $12,500. My 3 is an S Grand Touring with 21,000 miles. In pristine condition minus a couple minute rock chips.

Also, how does this car handle in the snow?

The last question is about iPod connectivity. Is there an adapter that I can use to allow my iPod to constantly charge (even when car is off) as well as play music? Is the only way to do this is by hooking it up to a cigarette port and just hook up to the aux. jack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It handles fine in the snow but that is determined by which tires come on your car. The ones on my 4 cylinder LTZ work fairly well but next winter I probably will put snow tires on all the way around. That is what I did with my Tahoe after the first winter. Nothing like snow tires. All Seasons just don't cut it.

There is only an audio jack. There is a cigaratte lighter style power port available at the base of the center stack.

Bill

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you both for your help. If everything goes right, I should end up with an '09 Black Granite Coco/Cashmere LTZ by the end of the week. Dealer is going to pick it up today or tomorrow and then I just need to sign the paperwork. Only bad thing is that the car is like 300 miles away. :(

I found that iPod thread after I posted this. What sucks is that you can get the unit on GMPartsdirect.com for $119, but it only comes in a 6 pack so it ends up being like $800. :(

Also, I have a similar product on the mazda 3 right now. It hooks up to the factory radio where the XM radio would be. I wonder if they are compatible?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can buy the iPod thing individually. You can also just buy a $5 cable and plug it in and use the controls on the iPod. Personally, not worth $200+ after install to be able to use the car stereo controls to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good luck - I am headed to the dealer on friday - lets see how I do ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.