Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Low part supply

53K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  campb292 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to find this part and cant find it anywhere. I have ordered it from about 5 places only for the order to be canceled.

GM Part #: 12633613
Dorman #: 916-806

Those seem to be my only 2 options. I called my local dealership first and they said they have been out of stock for a while and dont know when they expect them. I went on to search online and having the same issue finding the AC Delco part. So i figure i had to go to the Dorman aftermarkert part. I am having a hard time finding this one as well.

I tied rock auto yesterday. It said the part was a 1 day delay. Today i checked and the part shows out of stock. I am worried my order will be canceled again and i am losing time to get this part.

Does anyone know why? What else can i do? I need to get this replacement asap.

#2 ·
You may be looking at an outdated part number. Amazon lists these as the replacement for the Malibu 2.5L (I'm assuming that's your engine because you didn't say anything about it). Both are in stock.

#3 ·
#6 ·
My check engine light has been on for a while. Took it to Autozone to get the codes. They couldnt get any codes. So i left it alone. Now i am starting to get some hesitation in first gear. Usually when i take off from a stop. Sometimes if i go in reverse the car will stall.

Took it back to Autozone and got some codes.

They recommended Replace Rocker Arm Control Valve

Got the following codes.
Error Codes Read
P16CF - Blank
P0010 - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator CIrcuit / Open Bank 1
P0011 - Intake Camshaft Position TImining OVer Advanced Bank 1
P16D0 - Blank
P16CF - Blank
P0010 - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator CIrcuit OPen Bank 1
P16D0 - Blank
P16CF - Blank
P0010 - Intake Camshaft Posistion Actuator Circuit Open Bank 1
P16D0 - Blank

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thats my next stop. I am waiting on Rock Auto now. Everywhere i have ordered from so far all said they where in stock and then the order was canceled the next day due to stock. I have wasted alot of time like this. I was hoping maybe someone else knew something to help find this part.

#9 ·
You can always order it through the dealership at their marked up price, they've gotta keep some in stock considering the volume of replacements. I believe GM is having a company wide issue with parts distribution right now, which may be related to your troubles.

#10 ·
Yes you would think so. I called the dealership first. I wanted the acdelco part. They are out of stock and dont know when they will get them in. I have tried several other dealers with the same result.

I cant understand how no one can get them simple part. I am not going to be able to drive my car soon i am afraid.

#11 ·
If you are in a tough spot, don't sit on your hands while Amazon has the Dorman replacement part in stock. As far as I can tell, Dorman is a decent brand. Like I said, GM is having widespread part distribution issues.

You can also find individual listings of the ACDelco and Dorman oil control valves on Ebay.

#12 ·
Just an updated to my post. I am still waiting on Rock Auto to ship my Oil Control Valve. I have no way of contacting them as they dont have a customer service line.

In the meantime I ordered from Amazon the ACDelco GM Original Equipment Engine Variable Valve Timing Solenoids both intake and exhaust (12662737 & 12662736). These came yesterday and installed them. This solved my running stalling problem. My car is back to running normal. I used my blue driver code reader to erase all codes. My check engine light came back on as it seems i still need to replace this oil control valve. I couldnt clear the P0010 and P0011 codes. It said the computer needs to reset those. I will recheck the codes tonight once i get home now that i drive it to work and back.

At least my car is back to running normal.

Hopefully this can help someone else with this issue.

#14 ·
I would love nothing more than to cancel my order. If a company cant give me what i need when i need it i move on. However i have no way of canceling my order. I had to idea they didnt have a customer service number like 99.9999999999% of other companies do. I dont even see an email to send something to. I replied to my order confirmation but i assume that mailbox is not monitored or i will not get a response.

So basically they have my money. I will say i wont be using them again in the future and will look elsewhere. Their website is a bit basic and lacking anyway. So i dont see any benefits from them.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Glad to hear you have found one. I contacted the seller of the link you sent me and they actually don't have any more. They just haven't removed the listing, even though it says one left. Good news for me, a seller has a listing for two that was only posted about 6 hours ago, and I purchased one of those. Honestly don't understand the craziness with this part. Maybe related to the recently ended UAW strike, so all the OEM and aftermarket parts were purchased. Thanks for the link. Hopefully the one I purchased won't get refunded. Is your vehicle trouble free now?

#19 ·
I thought the same about the oem part. I talked a couple dealers. They said they have been on back order since June. I figure the strike wasnt going to help so i opted for the dorman once i found it.

My vehicle didnt have any symptoms from this part other than the check engine light. The bigger issue for me was the exhaust and intake solenoids that was casuing my car to stall.

So yes. The solendoids fixed the stalling issue and the dorman part cleared my light.

#24 ·
I need to find this part and cant find it anywhere. I have ordered it from about 5 places only for the order to be
I need to find this part and cant find it anywhere. I have ordered it from about 5 places only for the order to be canceled.

Those seem to be my only 2 options. I called my local dealership first and they said they have been out of stock for a while and dont know when they expect them. I went on to search online and having the same issue finding the AC Delco part. So i figure i had to go to the Dorman aftermarkert part. I am having a hard time finding this one as well.

I tied rock auto yesterday. It said the part was a 1 day delay. Today i checked and the part shows out of stock. I am worried my order will be canceled again and i am losing time to get this part.

canceled.

also looking for this part. can't find anywhere. if anyone knows where I might find one I would appreciate it.

#25 ·
Also looking for this part for my 15 Impala. Summit racing says it will ship December 2nd. Can anyone tell me if I should drive with this thing bad? At this point it's just an engine light. No noticeable performance issues. But I read something that said that my engine could possibly jump time, and I do not want that haha. Thanks.

#26 ·
If all you are experiencing is a check engine light at this point; then most likely you want cause any permanent damage unless you are putting the engine under heavy load or running the engine at a high RPM. That is not to say you shouldn't take care of this because something is malfunctioning. When the VVT control solenoid causes rough idling it is usually introducing too much oil to the VVT gears, but you aren't experiencing this situation so you need to keep the RPMs down. I replaced mine and it corrected my engine problems. It checked fine on a resistance, but when I disassembled it, both rods inside were rusted to the cylinder sleeves. The rods have "O" rings to open and close the oil passages, but the ends of the rods that go into the cylinder sleeves that the coils surround don't get lubricated with engine oil, so the heating up and cooling down creates moisture which in turn rust. So, it can create a stuck open or stuck closed situation. Also, a dirty oil passage can create a stuck or closed situation.

#31 ·
Be aware that VVT solenoids that aren't original GM or approved by them may not deliver the experience you're hoping for.

If they do, I'm happy as all git-out, but others who've used non-GM parts for this and a few other critical areas have reported less-than-desirable operation.

#35 ·
I have a 2015 Impala 2.5 ecotec. After digging for a few hours, I found this part at my local O’Reilly Auto Parts online. It was in stock and I picked it up the same day. Part# DOR916806. My car was throwing codes P2645 & p2646. Total problem not solved. Next I’m replacing the intake VVT and keeping my fingers crossed. View attachment 67930
Only 3 posts and 17 days before your comment, I shared that OEM parts are recommended by most folks if you want to have fewer issues after the installation. @Dancoe disagrees.

So long as the user is aware of the possibilities when using non-OE parts, the decision is being made with that advance knowledge. Everybody choose for themselves. YMMV.

#37 ·
AC Delco manufacturers the OEM Part, GM# 12633613. This part is no where to be found. My inquiries to GM have not been answered.

I ordered the Dorman part 916-806 over a month ago through Summit. The expected arrival date has been pushed back three times. Dorman and Summit customer service returned my emails, they expect parts in stock sometime this week.

There's been a run on the junkyard parts as well, which is why sellers are listing these for bid on ebay. It's insane. You can get a used 2.5 engine for a similar price.

#38 ·
Parts are on the ''slow boat from China" whether GM or Dorman. More than likely coming from the same Asian supplier along with some Hyundai , Toyota , Nissan , etc. parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.