Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add and match to the factory original upper two mesh grille pieces a lower mesh grille. This will make it a 3pc set and look real nice. Does anyone know which website has the one exact lower match or part number so I can order it? Also, I live in NJ and I need to have a front plate. The lower grille piece probably doesn't come with a license plate attachment so how can I get the plate on once the lower grille piece is installed? Thanks

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
This is a nearly 2 year old thread.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i need this done too. Was it a custom piece?

·
CMF Veteran Member
1,417 Posts
I think the 3-piece wire mesh grille is made by E&G Classics. They have another, cheaper alternative called "Q." Just do an Internet search for E&G Grille Malibu.

·
Administrator
18,147 Posts
Still valid ;)
Quite true! ;) I just wanted the 2nd poster to realize he might not get an answer from the OP.

Heck, I'm even thinking about getting the lower grille insert to cover that otherwise gaping hole, especially now that I've painted my upper grilles, so I'm gonna watch this and see what turns up.

·
CMF Honorary Member
4,326 Posts
See I think the lower center opening should stay open to match the areas to the sides. It has the same shape as well. The top two grilles have a curve at the bottom and IMO are fine as it. Having a grille in the bottom will to me make the two side areas look out of place. Hard to explain....

·
Administrator
18,147 Posts
See I think the lower center opening should stay open to match the areas to the sides. It has the same shape as well. The top two grilles have a curve at the bottom and IMO are fine as it. Having a grille in the bottom will to me make the two side areas look out of place. Hard to explain....
Looking at it with that comment actually makes sense! The shape is different in the bottom one.

Now, just to throw it out there again, I was also thinking about taking the fog bezels and painting the flat parts, not the round parts, the same color as the upper grilles, and that would leave only the center section open. Whatdya think with that in the mix? I'm still undecided, but I'm considering it.

So, the finished product would be small black circles around the fogs, with PTM bezels, PTM grilles, and a chrome mesh lower grille.

But again, the shape idea makes perfect sense. (Now that you pointed it out. :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
266 Posts
I did a search and couldn't find just the lower grill section. Since my car is granite black, I was looking for a black one to match the factory uppers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.