Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the new Malibu all the time now, I really wanted to get an up close look at a LTZ but everyone is driving an LT. Looks nice for the base model though. Have you guys seen any LTZ's on the streets?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh so the LT must be the mid-range model then. I really want to see the interior of an LTZ but I never get a chance. :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
I see mostly LS models and some LTs. I kind of wish they put a 1 or 2 next to the LT so it was easier to spot the LT1 vs. LT2. I know of two other LTZ's sold in my area but only see one of the occasionally.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see mostly LS models and some LTs. I kind of wish they put a 1 or 2 next to the LT so it was easier to spot the LT1 vs. LT2. I know of two other LTZ's sold in my area but only see one of the occasionally.
2LT has the alloy wheels (usually either the 5-spoke or the LTZ wheels). 1LT has the wheel covers (even though they look like alloy wheels), usually the "chrome" ones.

That's the easiest way I've found to distinguish them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
LTZ's are harder to spot because they are usually moving faster. I know mine is!

Nah, really, it was meant to be a lower-volume car. That was a reason I chose it so there wouldn't be sooo many out there. I've only come across a couple so far.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LTZ's are harder to spot because they are usually moving faster. I know mine is!

Nah, really, it was meant to be a lower-volume car. That was a reason I chose it so there wouldn't be sooo many out there. I've only come across a couple so far.
I never considered that, thats a good point.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought the XR (similar to the LTZ) would be the same way, but I see XR's ALLLLLL over the place
Where I am we don't see many Saturn AURA's. The nearest dealership is like 30 miles. However, if I drive into New Jersey I seen new AURA's and Vue's all over the place. Though, I most see XE's. I only seen a handful of XR's, one of them had Moroccan Leather, it was beautiful.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Where I am we don't see many Saturn AURA's. The nearest dealership is like 30 miles. However, if I drive into New Jersey I seen new AURA's and Vue's all over the place. Though, I most see XE's. I only seen a handful of XR's, one of them had Moroccan Leather, it was beautiful.
Yeah but like I said, I live in Southeast Michigan and not too far from the GM proving grounds

Everyone around here either works for Ford, Chrysler, or GM....and there are a TON of car dealers around here in the "Motor City"

Yeah the Moroccan Leather looks nice, but I didn't dig the brown interior theme though. I just have black leather & the silver accents on the dash (which matches the exterior--Silver Pearl)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah but like I said, I live in Southeast Michigan and not too far from the GM proving grounds

Everyone around here either works for Ford, Chrysler, or GM....and there are a TON of car dealers around here in the "Motor City"

Yeah the Moroccan Leather looks nice, but I didn't dig the brown interior theme though. I just have black leather & the silver accents on the dash (which matches the exterior--Silver Pearl)
Still if Saturn had more dealers they would probably sell more cars, see plenty of Saturn vehicles in area's with many dealerships.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Still if Saturn had more dealers they would probably sell more cars, see plenty of Saturn vehicles in area's with many dealerships.
true...it all goes hand in hand

People don't wanna have to drive 50 miles to the nearest dealer to buy the car and then 50 miles to ever get it serviced.....it's all about convenience

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
true...it all goes hand in hand

People don't wanna have to drive 50 miles to the nearest dealer to buy the car and then 50 miles to ever get it serviced.....it's all about convenience
Its too bad since some of their vehicles are quite nice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah they've turned around

I never ever would have thought of owning a Saturn (girlfriend made me look at them--since she had a couple), but I loved the Ion Redline & it was a cheap payment

Then GMAC lease pull ahead came around, and I almost bought a G6 GXP Coupe (no incentives on the Malibu at the time). But then someone mentioned looking at the Saturn Aura XR which was pretty much the same car, but at a cheaper price (and with an extra 2 doors, lol)....so I went with the Aura XR....very upscale feeling to it

·
Registered
512 Posts
LTZs are in limited production. GM's producing more LS, 1LT, and 2LT models than the LTZ from what I've heard. In fact, an LTZ owner on another automotive forum I'm a member at had to pull some strings to get an LTZ in production.
I have seen one up close though...and yes, it does look stunning in person. Much better than the boring, bland camry across the street. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.