Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like he doesn't much care for the 4-cyl LTZ.

Having recently bought the V-6, I'd be curious to know if anyone else who has the 4-cyl/6-speed combo might have some thoughts about it. I considered it, but the dealer I bought from didn't have any available. I liked the 6 so much I decided to go ahead and take the plunge, rather than wait for a car to show up I might not like as well anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like he doesn't much care for the 4-cyl LTZ.

Having recently bought the V-6, I'd be curious to know if anyone else who has the 4-cyl/6-speed combo might have some thoughts about it. I considered it, but the dealer I bought from didn't have any available. I liked the 6 so much I decided to go ahead and take the plunge, rather than wait for a car to show up I might not like as well anyway.
Test drove it twice and mine is coming in this week. I do not need a ton of power so its fine for me getting on the expressway is no big deal with this engine. I really don't know what that guy is talking about.

·
Registered
701 Posts
What a moron! He completely missed the boat on why the "in-line 4" 6 speed exists....I bet my bottom dollar if he had test drove the 3.6L it would be a rave review....He didn't really understand what he was driving and why.

Also, I would like to see what he has to say about the Camry and the Accord with 4 cyl engines....Bet he gets similar performance from them.

*shakes head* geesh, tech guys should not test drive cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove everything but bought the 4cyl. I was driving the 4cyl 6 speed and experienced a huge downshift, it shook the entire car and made a loud noise. I picked the regular 4 cyl because of the insane out of control gas prices here in California, plus it was my dream car with the 2LT package in the dark grey color and had a really good price, only a little more that a 1LT with all the nice extras. I stalked this car online for a month before I bought it. I tried talking myself into a smaller car, test drove a few, but I kept coming back to this car. It has more than enough power for freeways etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.