Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have some questions about the factory fog lights that come with the LTZ...

- Is there anyway to have them turn on automatically?
- Is it possible to change the color of the bulb to amber?
- What type (model #) of lights are the fog lights?

Basically, if you've ever seen a newer CTS/Grand Prix/Corvette/Trans Am etc. they have the lower amber colored lights that are automatically on at vehicle startup...

This is the look I'd like to achieve...

·
Registered
574 Posts
The fog lights are H11... If you wanted, you could easily change them right through the fender-well...

Just get a low temp bulb, ie 3500 K for that amber color.

And finally, there is no way to turn them on without pressing the button, trust me, it was the same in my Supercharged Cobalt :/ They should change that. Lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay.... is there an easy way to disable the daytime running lights when the car is in drive? I can switch them off when the car is parked - and then if I turn on the fog lights, it also lights up the amber turn signal lights and it looks sweet.

As soon as I put it into gear, those DRL's come on!

·
Registered
574 Posts
You could just pull the DRL fuse, its under the hood I believe.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't remove the DRL fuse, this will set off the CEL/SES light on the dash. The BCM is what controls the lights for the DRL and the ALC. I didn't think GM changed the light control so that the DRL's could be shut off but GM's done weird things before.

Now mine, being that it's a 2000, I have disabled the DRL and ALC at the BCM and have complete control over the lights. But not knowing the newer Malibu's I wouldn't have a clue as to disabling the DRL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.