Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like having a piece of the forum based just around the tires/rims etc! Good idea

I was wondering if anyone knew how much the 18 inch LTZ rims might cost getting them brand new or used? I have a 2LT and like the rims but I really love those LTZ ones. Anyone find any good sites?

I have looked on google, ebay and have no found too much...any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might check out tirerack.com they've got some pretty decent looking rims. My dealer (parts guy) quoted me almost $400 per wheel... after I picked up my jaw off the floor, I left w/o buying anything. Ordered my blizzaks and alloy wheels from tirerack... I think they look nicer than the stock ltz wheels now.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to ask Tire Rack if they have some LTZ takeoffs. A couple of years ago I purchased a winter tire package for my Tahoe from Tire Rack. Steel wheels with wheel covers were about $60 each while aftermarket alloys were a lot more expensive. Then I asked about Tahoe takeoffs and the guy said they had a complete set with lugnuts and lug covers. They would sell them to me for $59. When I got them they were in better condition than the stock wheels that were on the Tahoe when I bought it. At that time the Tahoe wheels were about $450 each from GM.

Bill

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
You might check out tirerack.com they've got some pretty decent looking rims. My dealer (parts guy) quoted me almost $400 per wheel... after I picked up my jaw off the floor, I left w/o buying anything. Ordered my blizzaks and alloy wheels from tirerack... I think they look nicer than the stock ltz wheels now.
I actually like my winter alloys better than my stock 2lt wheels too :) Only they look a tad to small being 16s, but I prefer the simple and elegant 5 spoke design. I wouldn't mind swapping my 18s for 18s in that particular design. If it wasn't such an obvious waste of money...:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say the "waste" of money is my biggest concern too, it looks great right now but do I really need to spend the extra money on something that doesn't matter too much? I doubt I will unless a great deal pops up :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
What are the specs on those rims and tires ;)

Qty
Size and Description
Availability
Price Each
Total Price
4 215/60R-16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 In Stock $93.00 $372.00
1 BS/FS Registration Card In Stock N/C N/C
1 BS/FS Warranty Packet In Stock N/C N/C
4 16x7 Sport Edition F8 Bright Sil In Stock $69.00 $276.00
20 Required lugnut for vehicle In Stock N/C N/C
4 Sport Edition F10 center cap In Stock N/C N/C
4 Optional Metal Valve In Stock $4.00 $16.00
4 315MHz Tire Pressure Sensor In Stock $36.00 $144.00
4 Mount and Balance (No Charge) N/C N/C

I had to pay an extra $237 for shipping/handling to Alaska but that still beat the local prices around here by nearly $200. I'd gladly pay a little extra for local service but come on, I saved $200 on one car's set of tires.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Thanks man!! Awesome site! I can't believe the LTZ rims are cheaper then the ones I currently have...awesome :D

Thanks a lot!!
There's probably more of them around and a higher stock, as then there are also more LTZ owners with them who've swapped wheels and such. Depends on stock, I'd think.

As others have said, you can also sometimes find full take-off sets at dealers (a buyer or the dealer had the wheels changed before it left the lot, etc.) for pretty good prices, and the same can be true for sites like Ebay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you think I should ask the dealer first for how much a full set might cost? I wanted to do this when I first bought the car but I pussed out. I am saving up my money and this is something that isnt on the top of the list, but I am curious.

The time that this most likely will happen is when I need to buy new tires, then I will get the new rims as well...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best looking rims to get for the Malibu LTZ are actually the chrome dealer accessorized ones which go for over 3k a set if you get them from the dealer, however thanks to the previous posted link I saw the same ones on there for 1200 a set. IMO they look bad ass and im getting them for mine. Check this shit out, I got a bent rim on my ltz and the dealer told me it was 547 installed for a new rim but that site has the same rim for 199 lmfao.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You know... I have some that might be lying around if you are interested...??? Let me know.

·
Registered
574 Posts
And at a cheaper price than the rest. Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.