Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
On the verge of leasing a new Malibu and I just can't stand the interior color options on the LTZ. I finally figured out that you can get the 2LT with all the options loaded in with a single tone interior, so I just might do that. However, does anyone know what other items I might be missing out on that the LTZ has over the 2LT?
The only things I can see so far are the lack of fog lamps and the maybe the wheels? I really like the wheels on the LTZ, not the 5 spoke on the 2LT - does anyone know if I can get those wheels?
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think the fog lights are the only thing that can't be had in the 2LT trim. Too bad too- maybe the LTZ package should offer the other seating combinations too!

edit: Dolp! I stand corrected. As others have pointed out, there are many things available only on the LTZ trim. Since I have one, I should've known that. Brain farted at the time of my reply. (wife's not looking forward to the alzheimer's in our future :eek:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Leather seats are also unique to the LTZ (2LT has Ultralux surfaces), and you can't get the automatic climate control in anything but an LTZ. The ACC was the tiebreaker for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, good information!

Well, the main reason for getting away from the LTZ was because of the hideous 2 tone leather seats that I had to choose from. Yuck! It's a matter or taste I suppose but there is a reason why nobody else sells 2 tone leather seats - you don't see two tone leather seats in Lexus, Infiniti, Audi, Mercedes, etc!!!!

Anyways, the dealbreaker for me would be Auto Climate Control - that's a must have for me, so the 2LT is out of the question. Back to looking at Altima's and Maxima's I guess!

Darnit! Chevy almost had me!

·
Registered
512 Posts
No offense or anything, but IMO, altima/maxima = YUCK.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have you asked about ordering an LTZ with a different interior? People here have gotten the V6 in the base LS, and other interiors normally not available with certain paint colors. I bet you could order a LTZ with a monotone interior.

·
Registered
112 Posts
BFan - The LS V6 available for fleet buyers is the 3.5L not the 3.6L VVT - It has considerably less HP [211] and is a 4 speed.

Mcp6530.. besides what has been mentioned already

Power passenger seat
Ambient blue instrument cluster

on the other hand the 2LT will be lighter than LTZ... read - faster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well,
The brown isn't so bad so I'm still considering the LTZ now. This dealer is offering me a full loaded one - sticker price $28,950 for $24,921!
So, I don't know if i can pass it up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well,
The brown isn't so bad so I'm still considering the LTZ now. This dealer is offering me a full loaded one - sticker price $28,950 for $24,921!
That's an insanely good price. About the cost of a well-equipped 2LT model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well,
mcp6530,

If you can get used to the interior, I think you'll love the LTZ. I know I love mine. I can't imagine an Altima or Maxima in my garage after seeing the Mailbu.

Personally, I preferred the Cocoa/Cashmere over the Ebony/Brick, so I looked for one with that color combo. I thought it looked classy, but everyone has their own tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.

As I mentioned earlier, my dealbreaker was the ACC, and I'm happy to report that it works VERY well. There were some LTZ features I could have done without, but I'm very happy with this car.

kc650

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mcp6530,

As I mentioned earlier, my dealbreaker was the ACC, and I'm happy to report that it works VERY well. There were some LTZ features I could have done without, but I'm very happy with this car.

kc650
Yes, the ACC is a must have for me and I just don't think the 2LT has enough of what I'm looking for. I sure wish they would have put nav's in these things though - I am addicted to my Grand Prix that has a nav built in. I can always get one at best buy I suppose. I'm also looking at the Camry SE but I don't think that has ACC either! What the heck.
I think the Malibu gives the most bang for your buck. Think I'm gonna lease it for 3 years at 429/month 15k/year.
I like new cars too much to buy them and I don't buy expensive things that depreciate! I rent em and give em back!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, the ACC is a must have for me and I just don't think the 2LT has enough of what I'm looking for. I sure wish they would have put nav's in these things though - I am addicted to my Grand Prix that has a nav built in. I can always get one at best buy I suppose. I'm also looking at the Camry SE but I don't think that has ACC either! What the heck.
I think the Malibu gives the most bang for your buck.
It seemed like a lot for the money to me, too.

'Don't know what GM is thinking on the nav system, although that's not a feature I would seek. However, I know a lot of people want it and since they already are putting navigation in other cars in other lines, like your Grand Prix, it seems that it would have been a no-brainer to put it in the Malibu.

I have used the OnStar navigation that comes in the Malibu. It's OK, I guess, but since I'm not a big user of these systems I really don't know how it compares to what you have in the Grand Prix.

kc650

·
Registered
512 Posts
It seemed like a lot for the money to me, too.

'Don't know what GM is thinking on the nav system, although that's not a feature I would seek. However, I know a lot of people want it and since they already are putting navigation in other cars in other lines, like your Grand Prix, it seems that it would have been a no-brainer to put it in the Malibu.

I have used the OnStar navigation that comes in the Malibu. It's OK, I guess, but since I'm not a big user of these systems I really don't know how it compares to what you have in the Grand Prix.

kc650
The Epsilon platform doesn't support a nav. system. Basically, there's no way to integrate it into the platform without completely rerouting wires and cables and other parts.
The Epsilon-II platform that debuts with the 2010 Buick LaCrosse was designed to integrate a nav. system along with the compact Delta-II platform with the Chevy Cruze. Both will have optional nav. systems.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have to say the lack of in dash navigation was nearly a deal breaker for me, I have it in my current vehicle and I love it. I know Epsilon wasn't wired for in dash navigation, but I just hate the On Star navigation and those portable units. I will probably go with an on dash unit, but I am still disappointed.

I can probably live with it since the rest of the Malibu was done so right, except for the lack of rear armrest. Another thing that upsets me with this vehicle. Your making the right choice going with the Malibu overall IMO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
...the rest of the Malibu was done so right, except for the lack of rear armrest. Another thing that upsets me with this vehicle. Your making the right choice going with the Malibu overall IMO.
Yeah, I guess there is no perfect car. The Malibu is the closest I was able to come in my price range. I think, overall, Chevy has done a great job with this car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
evryone has different tastes I guess. For me I wouldn t pay for a Nav unit, it doesn t do much for me. And I have the light/dark brown interior and have nothing but compliments on it. That s why there s no perfect car, everyone has a different idea on what s perfect. Just my 2 cent.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.