Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am still a potential buyer and I looked at a couple of LTZs already. I am wondering which part of the seats (front and rear) and arm reast is real leather. IMHO some of it is not. I suspect tha arm rest and the midle section of the rear aren't. Can somone clarify?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
The armrest, backs, sides, center section of the back seat, headrests, and bolster areas along the edges are vinyl. Otherwise, the 4 center seating sections top and bottom are leather as is the steering wheel.

·
Registered
736 Posts
and the shifter!!!!!

beach knows all his car's my car's younger twin

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah, the leather isn't that great. Not worth the money in my opinion....

I am currently driving a Malibu 2LT (6-speed) as a rental. My personal car is the LS.
The only options the 2LT has that I wish my LS had are the steering wheel controls, auto up on the window and the 17inch wheels. The price difference between the two models isn't worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks beach! That clarifies my suspicion. I agree that a nice cloth can actually look better than leather gone bad. However, I still like the other extra options the LTZ comes with.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thats the only thing we hated in the LTZ. The leather isnt really leather. We loved all the other options like the auto climate, heated and auto dimming mirrors.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I do love the Titanum suede leather I have on my 08 LT2. Understand that it is not exactly the true leather, but it looks exact the same and make the car looks luxury. I really enjoy its appearance. Without that Suede leather, I would have bought a Honda LXP instead of the Malibu LT2. Vacuuming is all you need to keep it in good shape.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I do love the Titanum suede leather I have on my 08 LT2. Understand that it is not exactly the true leather, but it looks exact the same and make the car looks luxury. I really enjoy its appearance. Without that Suede leather, I would have bought a Honda LXP instead of the Malibu LT2. Vacuuming is all you need to keep it in good shape.
You bought a car because of its cloth?:eek:

·
Registered
315 Posts
You bought a car because of its cloth?:eek:
Oh, please don't put words in my mouth :mad:. That was not what I meant. I had a big list to compare between Malibu and Honda. The smooth, quiet ride was major thing that brought the Malibu 08 LT2 to my attention. Other additional features such as XM radio, remote starter, auto-dim and that leather-suede made Malibu the winner. Without those additional luxury features (that you cannot have for Honda unless you buy EX models) at 19K price, I would have likely bought the Honda LX-P.

Also, on the disadvantage side, Malibu has very low resale value and unknown reliability compared to the Honda. But I was willing to take that risk to give GM a try as I was little tired of driving of Honda and Toyota for the last 10 years...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Those are mine but they don't have the same meaning as yours: "you bought a car because of its cloth." They both have different meanings in the different context.:p

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Mine also has the Suede inserts and I personally like it better than the smooth leather. I have the Ebony interior and the Suede really looks nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.