Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone is having these same problems. I have a 2000 Chev Malibu with a 3100 V6 and am having problems with it lurging or hesitating. It is alright when the engine is cold, but if you leave the car for a few minutes and go start it, it starts lurging. The lights flicker and the car shakes, RPMs go up and down between 1000 to 2000 almost sounds like its starving for gas. When driving, it lurges almost setting you back, especially going up hills. I've already had it to a transmission shop and it is nothing to do with the tranny at all. Its had the tranny flushed and the fluids changed. I changed all of the filters, plugs and wires, ignition coils. It almost feels like the lockdown torque converter...but it's not. This happens while it is in Park. One guy said it could be a leak in the exhaust manifold at the engine's back sucking air or something. This has been an ongoing problem for 4 years. It is very annoying with this hesitation and has no wheres near the power that it should have. Does anyone have suggestions or help. Thank You Very Much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.