Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hi all I just read and article on the top 10 fuel sipping cars. They were you guessed it the toyota Prius and the toyoto Camry Hybrid.And the Honda cars. I hve the mailbu hybrid and it is avery fuel saving car. I get 27 in the city and 35 or more on the highway. I just can't figure why the GM cars do not even get a mention of there MPG. Oh well. We sure payed a lot less for are mailbu than what the Toyota Hybrids are selling for.

2008 Dark Gray Met.
Mailbu Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
They don't get talked about as much because they use a light or mild hybrid system, and not a full 2-mode, etc. where they can actually run and move on electric alone. The electric motor here is basically a helper to the gas engine sometimes under power, and to keep things going when the gas shuts off at stops.

They also aren't promoted much aside from some earlier magazine ads. A few very well done commercials highlighting features, MPG's, and the price would certainly help.

That said, they are seeming to get better mileage with real owners than expected AND due to the light hybrid system cost considerably less than some of the other models, so they deserve more recognition. I've considered one off and on for a while after a past all gas Ecotec 'Bu and our '08 2.4L 2LT, as I like the idea of one of those engines and also extra savings from turning off when stopped. Maybe...my G6 may be replaced soon, and one of these in a Hybrid may be a consideration again.

Glad to see another very happy owner!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.