Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I am about to pay for a quality manufacture paint job on my 2008 Mali thats going to set me back about $3k. Now i need some opinions on the design i came up with.

Here is a picture of the paint job design:

What do you guys think?

What would you say if you saw that cruising down your street?

Edit:

Okay, what about this paint design:

This is also the color set I'm thinking of.
What do you guys think now?
Does not look Pimp daddy anymore does it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are those the colors you plan on using!!?? If so.....I wouldn't do it! The design could look nice if you pick the right colors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm not feeling it my friend - that color combo doesn't go well together IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Paint Color is not Final. That was a just a random color set. I'm actually thinking of maybe Black and Dark Blue.
But i mainly want feed back on the Design, and possibly a color set suggestion. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd say, if you keep the gray then go with bright silver on top....Maybe even white......OR...Silver on top,black on the bottom, maybe dark blue._Give it that Rolls Royce/Bentley vibe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the problem with the design is that it makes the car look like it has a vinyl top - sort of looks pimp daddy IMO.

Where are the curb feelers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would not do it. That color combination looks horrid. If you are going to do it, look at the link I posted earlier in this post. One of the custom malibu's found on that link has a good representation of a two tone Malibu which works.

·
Registered
71 Posts

It's better, but I still don't really see any design appeal. Is your goal really to have a 2-tone color car or are you going after a particular look???

·
Registered
9 Posts
I say:GO FOR IT!! Paint that sucker all kinds of Two-tone. How bout Three-tone? YEAH!! Any color combo you're thinking of: DO IT!!
Don't let these guys tell you NO. This is YOUR ride. Remember, you can do anything you want.
You can doing anything you want to this Car, cause the rest of us don't have to be seen driving or riding in it and we can all stand on the side of the road picking each other up from the ground from laughing too hard while you drive by in all your Glory.

And 3k for a "Quality" paint job? From who, Maaco? Earl? Or Jose's "quality" paint jobs? C'mon man, who ya kiddin here?

Listen, I think it's great you want to make your Bu stand out from the rest, but you should really keep in mind "Less is more" and "Clean". Maybe look into putting some Rims on it or some other "simple" enhancment, like pinstriping. Throwing 3k down the drain ain't gonna do it on a Two-tone that isn't needed.
But hey, it's your money, your Malibu, so do want ya wanna. Good luck.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Besides spending $3,000 now on the odd paint job, you will probably devalue the car a couple thousand when it comes time to sell or trade.
Skip the paint and go buy a nice set of rims.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
none of the combos work for me. the blue color has something to it, but the black part makes the car look like unfinished work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe one stripe down the hood, really the Bu is to classy of a ride to do anything to. You should have bought a lil rice burner honda if you wanted to pimp a ride, not the Malibu it looks pimped with nothing on it. Tint your windows, ground effect, maybe a hood scoop??? Leave the 2 tone in the can, you might as well paint it that camellion. I say it doesn't matter what we say you have to be seen in it and if you like it hey.:eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.