Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am not quite sure how to explain this, but I'll try.

First of all, would anyone here trade in their 3.6 to my 2.4?))

If not, what are my best options.. I bought my 2009 ls over a year ago and still make payments for it, I invested a lot of money in it, sound, wheels, all new battery, plugs, all liquids and etc. Now, would I bring it to a dealer as a trade in as is, should I put all original equipment instead? Or should I sell it to a private party as is or with all original parts?) It's my first car and I don't have any experience selling a car.

I really love this bu, but just wanted something a little faster and with a sunroof and leather (tired of cleaning my grey cloth after rain every time). Plus I would love something under 50k miles just for a piece of mind.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have 2 amps, all new speakers, a sub, nice head unit, customized CAI, the big 3, I did sound deadening, HID, backup cam, tint and more)

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
Private seller will always generate more money. Dealers buy for less than bluebook with intent to sell for profit. Private sellers simply expect bluebook, might be able to talk them up with quality mods. You should put the intake back to stock, though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Private seller will always generate more money. Dealers buy for less than bluebook with intent to sell for profit. Private sellers simply expect bluebook, might be able to talk them up with quality mods. You should put the intake back to stock, though.
Very true about the intake, I am gonna switch it back) As well as plastidip all over)) Was just saying how much stuff i put in in :)

If I decide to bring it to a dealership, what about the quality mods? And another question. Let's say the blue book is $8000, not talking about the mods, what will dealership give me, 6k, 7k? Approximately. Keeping in mind that they are already making money on another car selling it to me..

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
Can't really say, it's a game of luck and bargaining from one dealer to the next. One place might give you bluebook to get you into another car, another place might try to screw you and hold their ground at $6000 or less saying your audio and electrical mods are a liability or something.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't really say, it's a game of luck and bargaining from one dealer to the next. One place might give you bluebook to get you into another car, another place might try to screw you and hold their ground at $6000 or less saying your audio and electrical mods are a liability or something.
Thanks for your input. I will try a few places and see what they will tell me)

·
Administrator
16,881 Posts
... or to have to pay to remove them and put it back to stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts