Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Malibu 2015 LTZ 2.0 Turbo, my car is heating up and I don't know why, I have changed the radiator, the coolant sensor, thermostat and it continues to heat up, the strange thing is that it only happens when the car is being driven, the car can be 5 hours on without movement and the temperature does not increase.

The car drives perfectly, it has no coolant leaks, it only bounces through the vent in the base when the car heats up.

· Registered
2017 Chevrolet Malibu LT
205 Posts
Hello, I have a Malibu 2015 LTZ 2.0 Turbo, my car is heating up and I don't know why, I have changed the radiator, the coolant sensor, thermostat and it continues to heat up, the strange thing is that it only happens when the car is being driven, the car can be 5 hours on without movement and the temperature does not increase.

The car drives perfectly, it has no coolant leaks, it only bounces through the vent in the base when the car heats up.
I’m no mechanic but does the radiator fan work? Wondering if the car doesn’t overheat when sitting due to colder climate? Could be the turbo itself? I’d get it serviced to prevent catastrophic engine failure but that’s me. Best to you & maybe one of our experts will chime in

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,014 Posts
Has it been scanned for trouble codes? If so, please share each and every one so our members can be of the greatest assistance.

· Registered
160 Posts
Double check radiator, fan operation and any hose connection. Drain your anti freeze, and re-install good (recommended) anti freeze brand and under pressure with a guage. A qualified mechanic should know how to do this. Air in the system is a common cause for overheating. My Malibu never overheats.

· Registered
5 Posts

Check thermostat also could be,half,open

1 - 5 of 5 Posts