Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just replaced BCM in my 2017 Malibu LTZ because my dealer told me its faulty, my seats, Driver Door Panel and Boot were not working. Replacing the BCM has solved these issues but now while driving the car especially in the morning when my car has cold start after few minutes my temperature guage drops down my collant temp sensor shows -- and my AC starts blowing out Hot Air and i can hear that extra fans start to run when i switch off the car.

Please help as i am struggling now to get this issue fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,879 Posts
Hello. We do not have a gen9 LTZ trim in the USA. Does your 2017 LTZ have a 1.5T, 2.0T, or 2.5L engine? Or is this a Hybrid? Your last discussion was in the Hybrid section.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,879 Posts
Thank you for that info. Have you checked for fault codes after the BCM replacement? It needs a full code scan by a scanner that reads B, P, C and U codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that info. Have you checked for fault codes after the BCM replacement? It needs a full code scan by a scanner that reads B, P, C and U codes.
There is no Engine Check light and there are no codes on scanner

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,733 Posts
At the risk of belaboring this a bit, you say there are no codes on the scanner, but you don't share what kind of scanner it is. @campb292 mentioned needing to read all 4 code families, but most consumer-grade scanners read only the P codes. Does yours read all 4? If not, that is what you need to do.

Also, what is a "2017 model GCC"? I haven't seen that designation before, so maybe it's found in your part of the world but not where I am.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,879 Posts
There is no Engine Check light and there are no codes on scanner
With the coolant light showing there has got to be a code in there somewhere. Need to make sure the scanner is capable of reading deep codes as mentioned earlier. This one will be tough for us to help with even with codes as the GCC cars have a different radiator/cooling system than we have. The HVAC is even different. Did you ask the dealer why you are getting these problems following their BCM replacement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the coolant light showing there has got to be a code in there somewhere. Need to make sure the scanner is capable of reading deep codes as mentioned earlier. This one will be tough for us to help with even with codes as the GCC cars have a different radiator/cooling system than we have. The HVAC is even different. Did you ask the dealer why you are getting these problems following their BCM replacement?
They informed me it could be due to the faulty Fuse Box and trying to figure out but no luck, have been struggling with it for a month now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts