Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2019 Chevy Malibu LT. I can still open the fuel door when the car is locked...the door opens and closes normally when i push it..the latch seems okay.
is it broken or is this by design? Thoughts, please?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,678 Posts
The answer to that will depend on whether there is an internal fuel door opener like some other cars have. If there isn't one, then it's by design. If there is, then it's broken.

RTM.

All Data DIY dot com will have factory manuals for your car. Those will be essential to you when modifying your car.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
If your worried about someone siphoning out gas it cannot happen. There are restrictions in the fuel filler tube preventing any hoses from going down it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,245 Posts
The fuel door on a gen9 does not lock when the car is locked. Like @repairman54 wrote, you can't siphon out gas via the fuel filler tube. Anyway, around here that takes too much time. If they want your gasoline they just drill a hole in the tank and fill their container. Criminals aren't as thoughtful as they were years ago. Even if grudging with someone, if they wanted to add something they could just drill the top of the tank. Criminal gonna criminal and 50 cent lock isn't going to stop them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts