Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets assume that one day the Malibu Design Engineers will find this Forum.

What changes or suggestions would you recommend to them for the future model years of this generation Malibu?

I, for one, would like to see Memory Seats available as an option. I would also like to see the outside temp and at least one trip odometer dispayed at all times regardless of the DIC display selected.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I second memory seats as a standard feature...how about:

Heated Steering wheel, heads-up-display, bluetooth standard, wheel mounted shifting standard in both the 4 and 6 models (if possible), in-dash Nav, heated mirrors, wider trunk opening width, standard fog lights

And ofcourse - a fully loaded PIZZA OVEN

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with the memory seats. A HUD (heads-up display) would be a nice option. Foglights should AT LEAST be an option on the LT trim level, not only available on the LTZ.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love my car and am thrilled to own it. I feel like I got $5k worth of high quality design for free. I really have to think hard to come up with anything that needs attention or improvement.

Offer Direct Injection on the 3.6l as in the CTS
Improve the ergos on the paddle shifters
Improve the ergos on the steering wheel button controls
Provide a cancel button for the speed control
Loose the Goodyear tires and go with a higher quality Michelin
Paint the windshield sprayers on the hood to match the color of the car
Reduce the thickness of the A pillar
Put a redline indicator on the tach for 6 cyl LT2's
Improve center console sliding door
Add similar grill insert to bottom opening as found on top openings
Reduce size of bowtie emblem front and rear
If you turn the keys off before putting the car in park the doors locks don't unlock automatically open after the car is put in park.
The color match between plastic panels and steel is not the best with certain colors.
Offer euro style wheels
The chrome trim around the size windows varies widely in shine and is especially poor at the rear door corner.
Improve the head rests to obtain better than marginal rating in rear end crashes.
Torque steer could be improved a tad
Consider offering a turbo 4 cyl if gas prices continue to increase
Eliminate the mold marks on rear bumper
Paint could be improved - there are a few minor glitches
Cup holders are a little small

·
Registered
112 Posts
Damn Scott, I hope you didn't lose any sleep coming with your list! :eek::D
Please don't be turned off by my list...
The slow death of Detroit weighs heavy on my mind as it has on and off since the late 70's.

Lutz lead teams and Ford quality efforts are the only visible ray of hope in the domestic auto industry. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a white LT1, and have small stone chips on the nose already at 3K miles, A compass would really handy and maybe a little more chrome accents on the rear, kinda like the Aura and Impala.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So far, I'd say the following:
Better steering (more European-style? Hell, I don't know the terminology)
Bigger, better placed cupholders. With the gallon-freaking sized cups that fast food
restaurants give out these days, they're not really useful.
hmmm .... let me think
Still thinking ...
I'm sure more will come to me after I own the car longer, but that's all I've got.

EDIT: Oh yeah, cooled seats would be spiffy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine has a compass in the auto-dimming mirror. In my Sebring it was more front-and-center at the top of the center-console stack. I kind of liked that, because with the Malibu I often forget that I've even got a compass.

I have a white LT1, and have small stone chips on the nose already at 3K miles, A compass would really handy and maybe a little more chrome accents on the rear, kinda like the Aura and Impala.

·
Registered
421 Posts
1. Move the temperature readout to the compass area on the mirror (like the 07 Avalanche had). I don't really expect this, as the latest 09 changes list for the new Avalanches shows it too is going to the in-DIC readout for external temperature (ugh).
2. Backup sensors and (or) rearview camera. Big butt, small mirrors = not fun surprises.
3. For cars with the paddle shifters- add an extra line to the DIC that shows what gear the car's in, rather than overriding ALL other display info while manual shifting. I drive a steep grade to and from work daily, and the car hunts between fifth and sixth a LOT unless I manually go to sixth- it'll hold speed a LOT longer than the tranny does on its own in sixth, with two small exceptions, and I get a lot better fuel economy, but can't see any of the other DIC info until I return to Drive..
4. I second the memory seats thing. Make it memory seats and exterior rearview mirrors, with settings for driver 1 and driver 2.
5. In-dash Navigation available. I'm buying a portable, and that'll be great for me. But I really did get pampered by the setup in the Avalanche.

Those are about the limit of my current wishlist. Lots of good points in here, but the five above would have my LTZ feeling just about perfect for my use.

Oops. And something I'd have considered (as would at least a few others I've seen posting around the 'net)- make a wagon version available. That, or make the current sedan style into a notchback, keeping the same lines. The latter wouldn't gain the nice extra space, but would make a tremendous improvement in access to the trunk area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about a range of turbodiesel powerplants, and a wagon body?

I guess my trips to Europe made me a bit envious of the choices in wagons over there.

And I've driven an Opel Astra with a turbodiesel - if the 'Bu had that as an engine option, I'd have stumped up the extra cash to get it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think they took care of most of the major gripes that i and most people had in the 09 model.

bluetooth
touchscreen navigation
6spd tranny.

the last thing that they could fix in my opinion is the rear taillights. honestly it's such a good looking car from almost all angles, except the back. again there's so much attention to detail everywhere, except the back. It's almost like they got to the rear slapped something on and decided to call it a day. the proof is the oddly small trunk opening and the taillights which they kinda just stole off a vw.

having said that i really love my BU and couldn't care less about these mostly minor inconveniences.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How about...

a personal massage (man or woman depending on your preference) expert who rides with you wherever you go giving backrubs as you drive - happy endings can be included for extra :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.