Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f39/all-new-2008-malibu-fit-fleet-needs-61564/

With an updated refined styling, a fuel-efficient powertrain family that includes a hybrid model, and fleet-specific options, the all-new 2008 Chevrolet Malibu is touted as a sedan that fits fleet’s unique needs, according to Connie Scarpelli, commercial marketing and product manager, passenger cars, GM Fleet and Commercial Operations. Base pricing starts at $19,995, making the 2008 Malibu a great value for fleets, said Scarpelli.

All three trim levels — LS, LT, and LTZ — come standard with head-curtain side airbags, front-seat thorax airbags, OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation, ABS brakes, traction control, and XM satellite radio. StabiliTrak stability control with panic brake assist is standard on LT, LTZ, and hybrid models.

Fleet-Only Package Offered
The 2008 Malibu LS is offered with the fleet-only 1FL package featuring all the Malibu LS retail model’s standard features, such as air conditioning, rear defogger, remote keyless entry, tire pressure monitor system, as well as the standard 2.4L, 169-hp, four-cylinder, 4-speed engine and oil life monitoring system.

Designed to provide “more of what fleets want and less of what they don’t want or need in a fleet vehicle,” the 1FL package also features flexible ordering with freeflow options, including adjustable pedals and a six-way power seat adjuster. Additionally, only fleets can order the LS with the 3.5L V-6.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
You would think fleets would want to save gas with the 4 cylinder.
That would be my thought, Boo.

What kind of effect to you think the Fleet sales will have on the Malibu resale value? Can't be good when the rentals start flooding the used car market.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That would be my thought, Boo.

What kind of effect to you think the Fleet sales will have on the Malibu resale value? Can't be good when the rentals start flooding the used car market.
Yup - I agree - you can see how many of the previous generation Malibus have flooded the market as rentals.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Yup - I agree - you can see how many of the previous generation Malibus have flooded the market as rentals.
I really don't care so much about resale value. I usually keep cars until they're almost worthless as a trade. In fact, I gave away my last two vehicles. :eek:

I figure, as long as I'm happy with the vehicle and I get my money's worth what's the difference.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I really don't care so much about resale value. I usually keep cars until they're almost worthless as a trade. In fact, I gave away my last two vehicles. :eek:

I figure, as long as I'm happy with the vehicle and I get my money's worth what's the difference.
Me too - my Grand PRix is 5 years old and has 85K miles on it. It is going to my daughter eventually who is 17 and just got her license.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My last car was leased - I had previously owned a dodge intrepid for 10 years (200k miles) and enjoyed leasing my current Malibu - it's nice having a new car every 3 years - sure I don't have any value in the car after I'm done - but I enjoy the rush of getting a new ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.