Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 27 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so ticked right now and I have to share my washing experience and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I have a new Chevy Malibu LTZ 2008 and I just got done hand washing my car. So far I have washed the car once thru a car wash and one hand wash. After I got done drying my car today, I realized that I had scratches all over my car. I park my car in the garage every night so it is not a varment. It is simply the two washes and I have scratches from a quarter inch to several inches. Anyone else have this issue. I have tried to be cautious in my washing but I am convinced that the paint finish is crap. Any tips on getting rid of the surface scratches and washing in the future?

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, but the site only allows each image to be 97 kb or less. Higher quality images are much larger in size. I have higher quality images. Is there a way to upload larger images?

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The scratches are from washing. Hard to believe but it is true. I use recommended wash clothes that I purchased from Pep Boys to dry the vehicle. I know the clothes did not cause the scratches because I stopped drying once I seen all the scratches. The only thing I can think of is the brush used from the hand car wash. I felt the brush before using it and it was very soft. I am lost for words.

1 - 7 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.