Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a Malibu 08 LTZ 3.6, on the window sticker for mileage it stated 17 city 26 highway. I have checked and re-checked the old way of fueling with the same pump at slow speed and when it stops it stops, divide the gallons into miles driven and time and time again I get just what the trip computer reads !
I reads 21.9, and this is local and I'm not a coservative driver, I like to play with it and horse around even if I am a 63yo. To compound this I get 29.8 highway @ 75-80 mph.
The only mods is a K&N filter and Castrol synthetic. :)
Ok, so any one else have this kind of mileage?
Bill

·
Registered
512 Posts
You're getting better fuel economy in your V6 than the I-4 in my '07 Malibu!

·
Registered
71 Posts
You're doing better than my '08 LTZ with the 4 banger/6-speed.

WIth gas prices so low right now, I wish that I went for the V-6.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Just came off a 250 mile round trip yesterday with speeds at 60 and 70 mph all highway and cruise control, best was 31.7 and low of 29.5 running Pennz Platinum synthetic oil ;)
08 LTZ
3.6 V6

·
Registered
44 Posts
1500 miles 70%city 45-50mph and 30% hwy 70mph I have 25.00mpg! That is why I bought the V-6 It owns and Chevy owns. And so far this 6peed is owning too!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Yep, sounds like mine too. And my 3.5L/4-speed '08 G6, as well, which had the EXACT same mileage ratings.

17/26 sounds quite craptacular in today's world, but in reality it has a very wide range and typically does notably better than either number in the given circumstances. With my G6, that meant a 23-25mpg weekly average doing 50/50 city/highway, through 3500 miles of having it.

Now with the 3.6L/6-speed 'Bu, and 850 miles, I've averaged anywhere from 21-24 in the same driving. This drivetrain is fantastic, from the beautiful feeling and sounding 3.6L with grunt to roar at all speeds and the 6-speed that gives it a proper gear and low RPM's to loaf at. So far over the last week my DIC average says 24.1mpg and will be a bit lower when I paper check it, but still, great.

My mother's '08 2.4L/4-speed car has almost 10k miles and has averaged 21-22mpg since day one, in her harsher 3 miles home-work-home-work around town daily driving. If I drove it regularly, I'd probably eek out numbers a hair higher than I can with my V6, but oh well. When picking this car out, I loved the Epsilon platform with a 4-cyl (lighter front end & overall, zippy/efficient, etc.) and it came down to an LTZ 4-cyl or a 2LT V6. So, so very glad I went with the V6. Otherwise, I'd be happy, but have regretted/wondered everyday about what might have been.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey,

Drove from San Antonio,TX to my home in Shreveport,LA on one tank of gas yesterday. A total of 438 miles at 70 MPH mostly. Used 12.4 gallons for a calculated mileage of 35.4MPG. 1LT with 2.4L with the six speed tranny.

I'm very impressed as the car was loaded down with luggage, and two adults and one child.

The car performed flawless the whole trip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So far, 3800 miles in my 4 cylinder 6A. Every tank has been checked both computer and manual calculations. Worst tank average was 31 mpg, best tank average was 35.2

Mostly highway driving, keeping it between 60-65 mph, some stop and go and a little city mixed in. But mostly a 30 mile each way work commuter on easy country back roads or the highway. I drive 50 mph in the 45 zones to keep the tranny in 6th gear, and I accelerate easy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
4500 miles, and have averaged right about 21mpg...

not bad, but i drive with a fairly light foot... i'm sure this thing can dip well down into the teens if you drive with a heavy foot...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I almost always get 28.5 to 29 mpg in my 2008 I4 6speed on 50/50 driving. I quit checking because it was always the same. My best was 35.5 on I-5 driving to Los Angeles; worst was 22.5 in LA traffic. Since gas went down, I push the car a little harder, but mileage hasn't dropped much.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
On the DIC I registered 30.0 after a 110 mile trip yesterday. My personal best was 32. This is all highway driving between 60-65 MPH with occasional bursts up to 80 V6, 6 speed, I love it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
After 3000 miles driving, my mpg of 08 2LT/ 4-speed tranny is steady at 22 with 100% city driving. With the cold of this winter, I can see it will drop soon. I am amazed by the mpg posted here that you can get around 30! My big complaints with Malibu is the MPG. My sienna 04 van's MPG was very close to this bu. Its average is 21! I have been watching my Bu instant MPG. It shifted to high gear very slow compared to my 5-speed Sienna tranny. :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm at 14,000 miles and I average 24.4 mpg. My driving is about 60% city and 40% highway. Unfortunately half of the highway miles are in bumper to bumper traffic. How do we get our own lane just for Malibus? I bet my gas mileage would drop, but it would be much more fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.