Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu sales up.

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Duckybill 
#1 ·
Discussion starter · #4 ·
That is good but they have a long way to go to get control of some decent market share.

I hope the next gen Malibu fixes the "problems" that this gen has with the interior (stupid sharp hip bruiser on the b pillars and harsh, hard door rests) and Im sure GM will get some of those foreign buyers back.
The new Malibu has put the biggest dent in Camry/Accord sales ever from what I read on Edmunds. Still number 3, but getting closer....

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Good for the Malibu. I think much of the reason is that they're FINALLY advertising the car a ton on TV, etc. When I was shopping mine, most of the PR info I got was from car Mags/Reviews praising it (actually the best way to make a decision, as it's generally unbiased).

I think if GM didn't have such a bad rap, this Malibu would have given the Japanese competitors a lot more trouble, as the design is still very fresh, and IMO SO SO many people have no idea what it even is still. I get a lot of "what kind of car is that"? type of stuff, which IMO means the car is slowly getting more recognition, and bringing in a new MY in 2011 might be a bit too soon? Hopefully the new one is a nice improvement as GM finally hit a home run with this car, and set the bar nice.

My biggest issue with mine is, although the interior is great for a GM at this price point, the materials, overall refinement, and *smell* doesn't stack up with the competition yet. GM needs to get rid of whatever's giving their cars that "cheap American car" scent.
You make alot of good points, but for the most part my dealer has been pretty good. I actually hear alot of horror stories about the local Toyota dealer down here. Times are tuff, they should all be trying extra hard.

I get the same thing with my car, comments and questions like "What kinda car is that?", or when I tell them, I get "Wow that is a Malibu!", etc, etc. Only things I would change would be the A6 transmission programming isn't as good as it could be, I wish the front bumper didn't have to come off to change a bulb and I would like nicer door panels too. Maybe just a little leather or something added to them. And finally, I would love to have the option to get the DI 304hp 3.6 as an option. Can never have too much power!

Discussion starter · #10 ·
One thing that has really really pleased me with this car, are its continuously great crash ratings. It now is an IIHS Top Safety Pick which is huge, with '10 models they fixed the headreasts so it gets a good whiplash score, and now with ESC Standard it's eligable to win that IIHS Award.

Aside from that, the Side and Frontal ratings have always been great, and the car performed amazing in the ROOF Crush test, the score it got is amongst the best that they tested. Also, that Video where it crashed into a Bel Air further shows how Safe a car it is.

Also, not to mention, the IIHS "Loss/Insurance" chart shows it Ranks amongst the top in its class of cars.
The '10 headrests are different? I wonder how they look and if they are "nicer" if they can be swapped out....hummmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.