1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Excellent news...

Press release:
http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2008063
Honda models capture three segment awards—more than any other nameplate in the 2008 study—for the Civic, CR-V and Fit. Garnering two segment awards each are: Chevrolet (Malibu and Silverado LD); Dodge (Dakota and Durango); Infiniti (EX-Series and M-Series); Lexus (LS and RX); and Mercedes-Benz (CLK-Class and E-Class). The Porsche 911 has the fewest quality problems in the industry, with just 67 problems per 100 vehicles. Also receiving segment awards are the Ford E-Series, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan and Toyota Sequoia.

“In past years, automakers have frequently struggled to achieve very high initial quality with new models,” said Sargent. “With product launches and redesigns often being problematic for manufacturers from a quality standpoint, it is particularly impressive that the Chevrolet Malibu and Infiniti EX-Series achieve such high levels of quality that they receive awards in their launch year.”

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lexus aside, where's that "legendary" Toyota quality?? I always said it was more advertising than reality. I agree on Honda - they do build them well.

Glad to see the new 'Bu doing well. Too bad some of the "best of" models are doomed to extinction with high gas prices (Durango, Navigator).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And...drum roll......

Fourth BEST overall

Dave Sargent, J.D. Power's vice president of vehicle research, said manufacturers often see quality decline when launching new vehicles, but that wasn't the case with the Malibu.

"Malibu is at the top and is actually the fourth best vehicle in the entire industry -- first year out of the box," Sargent said.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Honda models capture three segment awards—more than any other nameplate in the 2008 study—for the Civic, CR-V and Fit. Garnering two segment awards each are: Chevrolet (Malibu and Silverado LD); Dodge (Dakota and Durango); Infiniti (EX-Series and M-Series); Lexus (LS and RX); and Mercedes-Benz (CLK-Class and E-Class). The Porsche 911 has the fewest quality problems in the industry, with just 67 problems per 100 vehicles. Also receiving segment awards are the Ford E-Series, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan and Toyota Sequoia.
Wahoo!!! :D

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I met my wife today at lunch time to attend an "end of the school year" ceremony for my special needs grandaughter. I pulled into the school parking lot and the wife's new Malibu, in the red jewel, really lit up the parking lot. There it was, sun shining on it, freshly waxed and lookin' good.

Now knowing it's "best in class" is really something to be proud about...... and the grandaughter too! :eek::D

·
Registered
701 Posts
I met my wife today at lunch time to attend an "end of the school year" ceremony for my special needs grandaughter. I pulled into the school parking lot and the wife's new Malibu, in the red jewel, really lit up the parking lot. There it was, sun shining on it, freshly waxed and lookin' good.

Now knowing it's "best in class" is really something to be proud about...... and the grandaughter too! :eek::D
Congrats Pizza Man...

Seems there are many thing to be proud of in your life!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.