Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Malibu LTZ that is white. I ordered the chrome Chevrolet accessory wheels for my car and I have the stock LTZ wheels for sale. They are the 18" stock LTZ wheels. I have them packaged in boxes and ready to ship. These wheels have less than 50 miles on them and absolutely no damage. I would like to get $800 for the set or best offer with the buyer paying the shipping as well. Let me be clear these are just the wheels only with no tires. You can contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I'm not interested in your wheels, but I do have a question that may benefit someone who is interested.

Are the TPMS sensors included with the wheels you're selling?

If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know what you paid for the chrome wheels. My only diappointment with the LTZ is the lack of chrome wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, no the TPMS sensors had to be reused on my new chrome wheels. The dealership ordered the new wheels and lug nuts and forgot the new sensors. The valve stems are still in the wheels and the TPMS sensors screw to the inside part of the valve stem. I paid about $1500 for the new chrome wheels. They listed for $2800 and a couple of the dealerships that I was dealing with on the car did not want to come off the price of the wheels (which I thought was ridiculous). I agree that the lack of chrome is a disappointment and that is what drove me to buy the new wheels. My sons birthday is coming up and selling these wheels would help me with that. I do not know if the price is unreasonable but for 18" wheels, I would think that $200 a piece would not be that bad. What do you think?

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I do not know if the price is unreasonable but for 18" wheels, I would think that $200 a piece would not be that bad. What do you think?
I would think half of the replacement cost would be fair. The person who buys them would need to buy new rubber and sensors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think half of the replacement cost would be fair. The person who buys them would need to buy new rubber and sensors.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find out what replacement cost would be. I can check with the dealer tomorrow and let you know what the list price of the wheels are. According to the dealer, the cars are so new the parts and cars that the dealers currently have will not be traded or sold to another dealer. I just would like to get fair price for basically a brand new set of wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Epitch: I may have some interest. I'm also toying with the idea of getting chrome wheels from the dealer. But if I can't afford them I may drop down to the std 18" LTZ wheels. The dealer has said that his service people can update the computer to accept 18" wheels in place of the original 17". I'll know within the next few days what I'm going for.

Do you know the dealer code of the chrome wheels that you bought?

Post some pictures and let us see your new chrome.

DrD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not know the dealer code of the wheels that I bought. I will post some pics today for you to see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wheels are the ZM861 wheels. They look pretty good. The only thing I am dissappointed of is the finish on the lug nuts. With a chrome wheel, I would think the lug nuts would have just as good of a chrome finish as the wheel does. This is not the case. The lug nuts are more of a dull chrome finish which, if you are picky like me, is dissappointing. By the way, the lug nuts off the stock wheels come with them in the sale.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Were you able to buy the wheels without new tires? When we checked into GM dealer installed wheels, they came with tires mounted.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Good looking wheels

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. The new wheels came with just the wheels, lug nuts, and center caps. The dealer ordered them the day I bought the car. I then brought the car home and parked it in the garage. The dealer just called 2 days ago and I had the new wheels put on. They took the tires off the old rims, used the existing tire pressure sensors, and mounted all the hardware on the new wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just talked to the local Chevy dealer and they said the retail price per wheel is $408.00. Knowing this, I would not think that $200 a piece is a bad price.

·
Registered
795 Posts
May be handy for someone to have a set of extra wheels for winter tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chevy chrome 10 spoke wheels on ebay Buy It Now for $800.00. These are just like the ones I ordered to put on my car. If anyone is interested, search ebay motors for 2008 Malibu wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wheels are the ZM861 wheels. They look pretty good. The only thing I am dissappointed of is the finish on the lug nuts. With a chrome wheel, I would think the lug nuts would have just as good of a chrome finish as the wheel does. This is not the case. The lug nuts are more of a dull chrome finish which, if you are picky like me, is dissappointing. By the way, the lug nuts off the stock wheels come with them in the sale.
Thanks EPitch: Those are the same wheels that I was asking my dealer to check into. The pictues look really nice too.

DrD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like those chrome wheels are sold. I looked for them this morning and I could not find the auction. Mine are still for sale on ebay. If anyone thinks they are too high then shoot me an offer to [email protected] and I will consider it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.