Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx SS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 years of daily driving my Malibu Maxx SS, my passenger's running light went out. I have the 3057 bulb to replace it, but I cannot figure out how to get the assembly off the car. The user manual and internet have not been very helpful at all. It says to peel back the trim to get to the wing nut, but the trim will not peel back far enough. Do I have to remove the entire right side of the trunk trim to do this? Please tell me there is a simpler way. Any help will be appreciated.

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,014 Posts
There is carpet hiding the nuts that you have to remove to get the light housing loose. You just need to get the carpet to bend out of the way so you can get your hand(s) in there to remove them.

· Registered
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx SS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am struggling to find it. The carpet is tucked under the trim and not budging. Where should I be pulling?

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grey Automotive design

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,014 Posts
The Maxx is a little different from other body styles with a completely separated trunk section. Seeing that image, you may need to remove some plastic trim, which is a bit more of a chore than for me with a common trunk that has only carpet to line it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts