Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nutcrunch 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

I decided to wash the car and clean the interior today since the wife and kids have gotten it absolutely filthy. I used some of the Meguiars Hot Rims all wheel and tire cleaner for the first time and that stuff rocks.
I sprayed it on the tire and wheel one at a time then scrubbed the wheel lightly with a spoke brush, didn't touch the tire. Left it on for a total of about 1 minute (although it says to leave on for 15 seconds) while I scrubbed the wheel then rinsed it off thoroughly and damn even though the car is pretty new, I have never seen anything work that good on wheels and tires.
Definately using this stuff from now on.

This isn't me but I found this video on youtube of someone else using it.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Been using it for about 6 months now - works great! So much better than having a wheel cleaner, then having to do the tires separately... and I feel that it cleans better than some of the wheel cleaners I've used.

Just wish I could find a tire shine that doesn't fling off onto the sides of the car...

#3 · (Edited)
I use the Hot Shine high gloss tire spray and don't get much slinging at all. I let it dry pretty well before driving the car however. When it runs out I think I'll switch to Meguiars Endurance tire spray, it is supposed to last quite a while and protect with the same amount of shine according to the Meguiars site.

I probably didn't even need to use the brush on the spoke brush on the wheels but I figured I'd do it real quick anyways. Next time I'll try just spraying it on and rinsing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.