Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waxed the Bu' this weekend with the 2.0 and this stuff wins over the Turtle Wax ICE that i've been using ;) pics really don't do the shine justice with the white paint but she GLOWS :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also used NXT 2.0 2 months ago.
Best wax I've used on any car.
I have Black Granite and it hardly shows dirt after rain storms.
Car drys off without leaving any rain spots.
Also try NXT 2.0 detail spray.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used the 2.0 stuff on the Rainier a few weeks back and was surprised how it turned out. BTW, its a 2004 with 50k miles, original paint. I have been a Zaino user for years but I'm not sure I am ready to switch. Zaino lasts a VERY long time...

If I didn't have a gravel driveway, there wouldn't be a spec of dirt on the hood when I took this picture. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
who's the c-10 for?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know that with the Turtle Wax ICE, you can put it on the black rubber molding and it will not leave any white residue, what about the Meguiars NXT 2.0? By the way, your car does look very nice. :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have detailed cars for 5 years i swore by the original meguires nxt and tried next 2.0 as soon as it came out and i love it
the only thing ICE is good for is wasting your money or like said above cleaning the rubber and plastic trim

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey folks - I am up in Canada and this stuff is not available, however I am heading down to Birch Run / Frakenmuth Michigan this weekend and was hoping to pick some of this up. Where do you guys buy? Target? Wal-Mart? Pep-Boys? AutoZone?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey folks - I am up in Canada and this stuff is not available, however I am heading down to Birch Run / Frakenmuth Michigan this weekend and was hoping to pick some of this up. Where do you guys buy? Target? Wal-Mart? Pep-Boys? AutoZone?

Autozone is sure to have it. You could even order it off of Meguairs website.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

DOA the wax is available at all the stores you mentioned ;) pick up a bottle of Ultimate Quik Detailer while your at it,I use it to wipe down the Bu after every wash to maintain the Shine :D
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/index.php

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried the 2.0 and it was okay. I zaino claybared the car using their car wash soap as the lub, after washing it with dawn. Then I washed it again with zaino car wash. Then I used Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealent which sat for 18 hours to 'cure'. Final step was Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Wax, and OH MY!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
DOA the wax is available at all the stores you mentioned ;) pick up a bottle of Ultimate Quik Detailer while your at it,I use it to wipe down the Bu after every wash to maintain the Shine :D
Purchased online both the NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and the Ultimate Quick Detailer. The Better Half decided she really liked the Wax 2.0 ; it rained today in Seattle, so the wax job was done in the garage. Went on easy and wiped off nice, using the Costco micro fiber auto towels. Have yet to use the Quick Detailer, but so far, SHE's impressed!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts

CRAP - I didn't buy the right stuff!!!! :( Damn it....Didn't write it down before I left and came across the Turtle Wax ICE product and the Meguiar's product in the Wal-Mart Supercentre I was in.....Oh well....will give this stuff a try. I think my wife is heading to the states again, will have to see if I can get her to pick some of it up for me....Damn (kicks his own a$$)

Thanks for the info all....will let you know if I like the ICE stuff or not. :confused:

·
Registered
701 Posts
OK....Good Luck....My wife is actually on her way down to the U.S. this Saturday so she is going to take the Turtle Wax ICE back to Wal-Mart and pick up the Meguiar's NXT - Let's hope she has no issues....I am anxious to see how well this stuff works and stands up to the Canadian Winters.

Thanks for the info folks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used the last of my orginal NXT on the Avalanche yesterday... I was goint to try ICE next but after hearing from those who tried it will be buying the NXT 2.0 next.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used NXT 2.0 bor the first time on my Bu a couple off weeks ago. I thought that it worked great, especially with some good microfiber towels. I have used the old NXT for a couple of years on my old Grand Am and the 2.0 is much better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
took your advice and used the Maguires, found it a little less easy to use as it stayed damp and did not paste over but the shine is awesome, check out the pictures,

By the way I must be lucky as I could not find a blemish in the paint! What a great car, My wife thinks I love it more than her!

As the one comercial on TV says "When you turn on your car, does it turn you on!" Definately!

Note the keyswitch activated 12V outlet I added, Just need to be sure to stay near the corner of the trim if you add one as it is close behind it!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you used a clay bar on your car before waxing? I have a white bu also and will try the nxt and the detailer. What do you guys/gals use on your chrome trims? Also, isn't there suppose to be a black rubber cover on the engine? My lt v6 has it so i was just wondering.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.