Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguiars White Wax

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gmitch2LT 
#1 · (Edited)
I usually use Meguiars Ultimate Wax on the car and have been very happy with it but I saw the new Meguiars White Wax was available at Advance Auto so I thought I'd give it a try.

I had seen this White Wax online and I was interested to see how much nicer it would look on a white car since it was designed for white and other lighter colored cars. On the Meguiars forum I had read that it is supposed to be like a cleaner/wax and since white cars look best when the paint is really clean that is why it was made that way. They said it was stronger than their normal cleaner/wax.
The Black Wax is supposed to be more like a polish/wax to correct small scratches and swirls.
So after I washed the car I put some of it on. It went on and off really smooth like butter. Reminded me almost exactly of S-100 in that regards. I read online that it will stain black plastic which is one of the negatives against it.
It came out looking good, to be honest I couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the Ultimate Wax. To be fair though the car is only a year old and the paint is in excellent shape. The Ultimate Wax may have had a little higher shine but not much.
Ultimate Wax lasts a long time inbetween wax jobs, of course I'll have to wait and see with the White Wax since this is the first time I've used it. I believe others said it doesn't last as long as Ultimate though.
I think the biggest thing I liked about it was the smoothness going on and off. Ultimate Wax goes on easy but it does seem to take a little more effort to come off.
I guess if I need a cleaner for the paint in the future I'll use it otherwise I'll stick with Ultimate Wax.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just went out this morning and laid a coat of Ultimate Wax on top of the White Wax. Looks noticeably shinier and brings out the pearl like qualities in the white diamond paint more.
Definitely sticking with Ultimate Wax as the final layer.

#5 ·
Yea I've used the white wax as well. I really like it, but I agree, it looks better if you top off with a sealant wax. I used nxt 2.0 by meguiars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.