Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the microfiber cloths for cleaning the glass on your car windows, and have it leave fiber marks on it? I am afraid to use the cloths on my new Malibu. When I cleaned my husband's truck windows with the microfiber cloths, he said it kinda looks like are fibers all over the windshield from the cloth. I use one wet cloth( only water) to clean and a dry one to wipe dry. If it can do this to the windows, I am very leery of using the washing microfiber cloths to wash the body of the car for fear of it damaging the paint. Thoughts on this? :confused:

I have used only newspaper to clean the car windows in the past, then someone told me to use the microfiber cloths because they worked so much better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Thug, for your reply. I guess no one uses microfiber cloths. What kind of cloths do you all use to clean your windows then?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went to a Meguiars car detail class, these guys only use micro fiber clothes, no diapers or terry cloth, both of which can scratch. Go to Meguiars and check their products out, but you can use any brand of micro fiber. I saw some guy at the car wash and he made the guys wipe his car down with micro fiber towels. Kinda a fanatic, but especially on darker colors, surface scratches show up easily.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use a microfiber cloth specifically labeled 'for glass' and it works great for the interior glass, no fibers of any sort. I don't use them for the exterior glass due to all the grime and I hate washing those things more than I have to. :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
All I use is microfiber for the exterior. They do not leave surface scratches on the dark paint. I use microfiber on the windows too, but use ones labled for glass specifically. They have a different texture than the regular microfiber towles. Some brands even make a polishing microfiber that is extremely soft. I just give new microfiber a good wash in the washing machine before their first use to get rid of some of the lint and fibers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Newspaper....I second that on windows!!! Although I only use microfiber cloths on my paint, also with the mequires quick detailer too.

I also use them to polish my chrome on my Harley Davidson!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have been using microfiber towels for the past 3-5 years and I have had some that leave behind fibers. I do not know if it's just a cheap brand, or if it's just the fibers breaking down over repeated use. I have an armor all waffle weave towel that I picked up from Walley World and I've had decent luck with it. I mainly use it to dry off my car, but I've used it on the windows and it's not left any fibers behind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would suggest a california car duster. Most everyone who details their own car/truck has one. Use that to get the left overs off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
that glass cleaner Invisible Glass is really good too, really does a great job. I actually bought a squege the other day also! Like a small version of the one you find at the gas station, lol, works good except on tough curves

·
Registered
4 Posts
What I do is I use micro fiber to wipe off the wax residue and use newspaper for the windows. I take a full page of newspaper and make a bonnet out of it to wipe my windows.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Micro fibre works well, except don't wash them with your regular towels. I've only had bad luck after doing this. I guess they hold the fuzz from the towels, which comes off when you clean your windows.

I use microfibre usually for drying, buffing, polishing, interior detailing. I enjoy small hand towels (good ones) for glass, they're nice and soft and absorbant, but everyone's different. Experiment, maybe you'll find something new to share with us!!!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I use microfiber cloths on my motorcycle and my cars and they work fine for me. I also use the microfiber wax applicater.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.