Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start off with everything under car is starting to rot away. Water pump going for 2nd time. I bought car nov 18 with 107k and waterpump was leaking and dealer replaced it. Now 2 years later its going again with 122k. All the bushing are shot in rear and places are afraid to touch it because of the rust. Wheel wells are rotting away. Car didnt have any rot in wheel wells when i got it. Also It loves to drink oil. No oil leaks. Those were fixed. Sad that i paid 5k 2 years ago and car is falling apart. I had it checked out when i bought it. In winter i am always washing it when its nice enough to because of the road salt. Its due for inspection in November and was told it wont pass. So i am driving it hopefully till november as long as water pump dont totally let go. I am afraid to spend any money on it and have it fail due to the rust. The rocker panels are rotting away. Sub frame also. Going to be said if i have to let it go because of the rust. I had it looked over when i seen water pump leaking again and they told me its not worth putting any money into unless i am going to try and get rust taken care of. I cant see putting too much money into car. I am on a fixed income and sucks that a car 11 years old is all ready falling apart due to rust

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Premier
5 Posts
Sorry your used purchase has had a lot of problems. The bingo I see in the story is purchase in November 2018. That is primetime for flood cars to hit the market as it is just after hurricane season. Most of the stuff in your story is rust on lower areas of the car. Bushings, wheel wells, rockers, rust so bad mechanics are hesitant to work on it because what they take off may never get put back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts