Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows whether we can expect to get better mileage by turning off the TC, or if it makes little difference either way?
I'm going to try it out, but thought to ask if someone has done it already.

Thanks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
No, it will not make a difference at all.

TC will not make the vehicle roll any differently and only effects the vehicle when it looses traction.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I tried that for a week and did not find anything different. I am currently experiencing with the cruise control by keeping ON all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I appreciate the info...thanks guys!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haha... With the cruise on all the time, depending upon where you live it may make a difference because people are usually really terrible at just keeping a constant throttle level. If you are just keeping it on but not using it... Lol... Nevermind... No one would be that ridiculous. Lol
As far as using it all the time... it may make a wee bit of a difference, from not having the throttle moved in and out so much, but... if you live in a really hilly area, or with a lot of stop and go... it may not be so useful... Also, if you end up accelerating quick, and then leveling with the cruise, you will see different results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.