Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 chevy malibu ltz 3.6 and I removed cylinder 1 spark plug to make sure I bought the same plugs anyways I put the old plug back in so we could goto the parts store and my wife started the car and it ran fine she drove it to the store and called me saying the car felt like it was jumping and the engine light was on so I hook up the obdii machine and it says misfire cylinder 2. any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
16,881 Posts
Change the plugs and see if it gets better, since that is what you were gonna do anyhow.

I've had that same engine 3 times (2009, first 2011, second 2011) and have not had an issue like you describe.

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
I gather from your post that the car was operating normally until you removed the first spark plug for a buying reference and then put it back in. If that's the case, the simplest and most obvious answer is that you did something in the course of your work that caused the issue. That makes it next to impossible for us to make suggestions or resolve the problem.

It's not necessarily the cause, but are you sure you didn't remove the #2 spark plug rather than #1?

When you change the plugs, make sure all the wire connections are good. They tend to get brittle over time and can come apart in the plastic pieces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts