Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few new revisions to packaging and options as of now, with the Malibu again.

On the 1LT, there's a new Sun and Wheel Package for $1495 (good deal) that includes the 18" chrome 5-spoke wheels (were recently made an option for 2LT V6 models, now defunct...originally from the G6), power sunroof, and the 6-speed auto transmission. Guess they thought it a good idea to make a bargain package with 3 things people would really want on the most popular model--bigger chrome wheels, power roof, and the 6-speed--and tada.

(PDK) Sun and Wheel Package, includes (QR2) 18" (45.7 cm) 5-spoke, bright Chrome-Tech wheels, (QYH) P225/50R18 touring, blackwall tires, (CF5) power sunroof and (MH8) 6-speed automatic transmission. It is "A" on 1LT.

The other new change as of this week is to the Premium Audio package available on the 2LT models and standard on LTZ's. The 6-cd changer is now gone, the speakers and such remain, and instead the new revision is the USB port on the face of the head unit along with the existing 3.5mm input.

Deleted (US9) Audio system, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, completely.

(PCU) Premium Audio Package, updated extended description to now read " includes (UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and USB port and (UQ3) premium 8-speaker audio system".

Little revisions continue to be made throughout the year, and they're nice little touches. Finally the USB port input is a factory item, the only consequence is the deletion of the 6-cd changer back to a single.

·
Registered
112 Posts
funny they do not offer a hard drive for the radio like some manu do. Hard drives are cheap now. they should think of a kanga attachment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know it just doesn't seem like a premium audio system with no 6 disc changer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i think the disc we know now will be gone soon. probably a mini disc or something else will replace just like the 8 track here today and gone for tomorrow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
funny they do not offer a hard drive for the radio like some manu do. Hard drives are cheap now. they should think of a kanga attachment.

Hard Drives in a car doesn't make sense. They are the same drive as that's in your laptop, not meant to be bounced around a lot. You are better off with usb drives or Solid State. I've gone through several drives in my laptop.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I like the added usb but dislike the deletion of the changer..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my Malibu 2LT 3 weeks ago and I really wanted that usb port which was for some reason on the Cobalt but not the Malibu..... Didn't make much sense..... When will they be available in Malibu's?

Does anyone know if you'll be able to swap your radio for the new one with the usb port and how much that would be?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why have a 6-disk player when an iPod in the usb jack can play 100 CDs?
And therein you have summed up EXACTLY why it has gone away, here and on other models. Of course, not everyone even owns an MP3 player, etc., but the majority do, they use them, and they want all the connectivity possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never been a fan of USB ports on head units or those proprietary connections for the iPod. I like being able to use the iPod's own interface to find my music rather than scrolling through my 14,000 songs using my head unit.

I have my AUX cable plugged in and wired behind the center console and comes out on the drivers side cockpit. It's handy

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
749 Posts
I never thought of a flash drive... think of how much easier that would be than carrying around a huge MP3 player.. it'd kinda be like the new CD (the flash drive) except it sticks out LOL

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I never thought of a flash drive... think of how much easier that would be than carrying around a huge MP3 player.. it'd kinda be like the new CD (the flash drive) except it sticks out LOL
an SD slot would be a good option too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my Malibu less than a month ago and really wanted the usb feature. I don't understand why it wasn't offered at the start of the 09 model year like the Cobalt....

Does anyone know if you'll be able to upgrade the radio on a Malibu that was bought before this was offered and how much that would cost?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just to clarify, the usb port (round plug hole) is available on the 09 Malibu. Ive had my 1LT for 3 months (delivery late Oct 08) and it came standard. My radio unit is a single disk player w/usb but other than that, it's a standard radio.

The iPod nano 8gb plugs directly into the radio. Someone earlier posted he likes to use the Ipod to search songs - well, that's exactly how it works.

The radio readout just says "auxiliary input device" It does not show the song titles etc.

All music searching is done through the ipod itself. The only radio control that works with the ipod is the volume (and EQ). You can also use the ipod volume control as well.

Hope this answers some questions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.