Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you fellow Canucks figured out if the MPG numbers shown when you switch the computer off the decimal system are in US gallons? I sure hope so otherwise I'm getting real bad mileage!

Bob :confused:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I am confused...mine shows perfectly valid liters per 100 km as well as MPG if I switch the units. Are you talking about average consumption readout or instantaneous?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Yuri:

I really like your work! I'll be dropping in to your site to check on your portfolio from time to time.

I'm talking average consumption. I reset this measure in October before we went South till Chrismas. Since then, I show an average of 19.2 MPG over 3600 miles 2450 of those were straight interstate driving the rest just running around Burlington. I realise mileage gets crappy with the kind of weather we've had this year but this seems awful low numbers for a 2 litre four cylinder engine. In fact, my 3/4 ton Siverado with it's six litre engine approaches those numbers. So I was wondering if the MPG numbers were calculated in US (128 ounces) gallons?

Bob

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Hi Yuri:

I really like your work! I'll be dropping in to your site to check on your portfolio from time to time.

I'm talking average consumption. I reset this measure in October before we went South till Chrismas. Since then, I show an average of 19.2 MPG over 3600 miles 2450 of those were straight interstate driving the rest just running around Burlington. I realise mileage gets crappy with the kind of weather we've had this year but this seems awful low numbers for a 2 litre four cylinder engine. In fact, my 3/4 ton Siverado with it's six litre engine approaches those numbers. So I was wondering if the MPG numbers were calculated in US (128 ounces) gallons?

Bob
Thanks :) I wish I could do more work to display there, but it's not easy to find time to shoot with work and all....

Ah, got you. Yes, it's most definitely in US gallons.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
You're welcome, Bob :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
how do you switch to imperial from the metric readings? my 09 with the four spd auto is getting 28 mpg city/hwy and 34 mpg on the hwy. which i think is pretty good considering the weather here was pretty cold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Johnny bravo:

It takes a little getting used to but as I spend almost half the year in the southern US, I love the feature. The procedure is in your manual, you press the "info" and "Arrow" buttons TOGETHER for 3 seconds, this brings you into the main menu, use the arrow to navigate to Change English/Imperial" (I forget the exact term) then use the arrow select button to effect the change, It also takes a second or two. You are now reading in Imperial and your speedo is in MPH.

We just drove South, arrived last night, averaged 29.6 MPG (37.5 per Imp. Gal) at an average speed of 69MPH with the car LOADED with all our gear for 2 1/2 months. I felt that was more in line with the advertised mileage. Makes leaving our truck and fifth wheel trailer down south a better decision, we get 7 to 9 MPG with that set up.

Hope this covers your question.

Bob

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Hold on, I thought you can't switch to imperial gallons, only to US gallons?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought an 09 LS to commute back and forth on a 6 hour trip every week. The last trip I took it got 32 MPG and that was driving 120-130KMH and passing alot. I was impressed with that being it is a large car.
Trevor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.