Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 08 LS Malibu Yesterday, 18356.00 otd (bought it used with 2750) on the odometer. It was a drivers ed car. So it was babied........I hope:)

My question is where can I get mud flaps for this car?

I drove it in the rain today and the dark gray gets pretty dirty.

So far I like the car, I traded an 06 GTO for it and as you can imagine the power is a bit different but I do like the handling and I am sure the MPG will be a pleasant change.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you think you can put them on yourself I got mine here:

http://www.conquestauto.com/servlet/the-2119/2008-dsh-2009-Chevy-Malibu-New/Detail

The description says no drilling but that is not accurate. These are the original GM parts and come with all the mounting hardware and instructions. You will need to drill a few holes but is is not too hard if you have someone to help you. Doing it myself was half the cost of what the dealer wanted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Welcome .order them right from the dealer. Post some pics of the car too. Why did you dump the GTO?
I will have to find the camera, the GTO got dumped because I had that and a 08 Scion and didn't want two car payments anymore.

The GTO was definately a fun one to drive but I needed something more practical..........(wait, did I just say that?)

But yeah the dealership gave me some cash back since I didn't owe much on the Scion. I needed the extra cash to pay off a medical bill.

I will try and get a pic up soon, maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got a 08 LS Malibu Yesterday, 18356.00 otd (bought it used with 2750) on the odometer. It was a drivers ed car. So it was babied........I hope:)

My question is where can I get mud flaps for this car?

I drove it in the rain today and the dark gray gets pretty dirty.

So far I like the car, I traded an 06 GTO for it and as you can imagine the power is a bit different but I do like the handling and I am sure the MPG will be a pleasant change.
dealer for mud flaps, 3 types all 4 $80

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: mud flaps anyone ?

I have considered it. If I see Mocha Steel painted ones I might put those on.
Fortunately there isn't much under-tuck on the late model cars to catch dirt.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: mud flaps anyone ?

I considered the mudflaps also, but i haven't had any problems with rocks ect for a year and a half without them so i passed. but it is a good idea for some people depending on their area

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.