·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All...just sharing my Ride

Here is my 08 Bu
got the V6 in the LS - through a special order
Coco/Cashmere inside
So far the intake is in, sirius is in, kicker 12 inch sub is in and finished up the HID conversion last night (Thanks BigNick for the info )

Heres a few pix from when I first got her...sorry only got pix of the ride and the siruis - I will take more this weekend of the rest.

Also...here is two pix of grill options I am debating over

Thanks for checkin me out everyone

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks!

me too - the bars almost look like they are smiling in the middle lol

there's this one too - but It's just mesh inserts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I like the mess grille, think I will order a set for ours.

Why did you order it with a 3.5 instead of the 3.6?
What is the mileage rating with the 3.5?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3.6 wasn't a choice in my particular situation.

not sure of the actual numbers because I dont pay for gas so I dont watch it

but its good when im good and bad when im bad lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey...you're on GMI...I've seen your Malibu...:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
3.6 wasn't a choice in my particular situation.

not sure of the actual numbers because I dont pay for gas so I dont watch it

but its good when im good and bad when im bad lol
What did the window sticker say? I see the Impala is rated for 29 on the highway when equipped with a 3.5.
It seems like another member has the 3.5 in his 08 Malibu, but his was a fleet car.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The EPA numbers are as follows (city / combined / highway) for the 3.5:

18 / 22 / 29

The numbers for the 3.6 are:
17 / 20 / 26

I pulled these from the www.fueleconomy.gov website, where you can also log your fuel economy numbers for others to compare and use for 'real world' results. I haven't done my new Bu there yet, but did my previous 3 vehicles, and will soon include it. But, as I expected, you give up a bit of power (speaking from experience, a LOT) between the 3.6 and 3.5, but the fuel economy difference is probably worth it. The 3.5 is a good compromise between the 2.4l 4 cyl and the 3.6l 6 cyl for power and fuel economy. And from experience with the previous non-VVT 3500 Malibu, the numbers can be outstanding for highway driving.

Nice car!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice ride man, Where in Jersey do you live?

·
Registered
795 Posts
The EPA numbers are as follows (city / combined / highway) for the 3.5:

18 / 22 / 29

I pulled these from the www.fueleconomy.gov website, you give up a bit of power (speaking from experience, a LOT) between the 3.6 and 3.5, but the fuel economy difference is probably worth it. The 3.5 is a good compromise between the 2.4l 4 cyl and the 3.6l 6 cyl for power and fuel economy.
I like the power of the 3.6, but like you said it is a good compromise.
I see on the web site the 3.5 is mated to the 4 speed. Just think if they mated the 3.5 to the 6 speed, it would probaly be rated at 31 on the highway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice ride man, Where in Jersey do you live?

thanks

i liove in somerset - but travel for work all over nj/pa/de/md and beyond lol

so you name it - i have driven through it or past it :eek:

·
Registered
201 Posts
the difference in the 3.5 and 3.6 is much more than the .1 liter. The 3.6 is a variable value timing(VVT) engine and the 3.5 is not. The 3.6 is much newer technology.

·
Registered
148 Posts
thanks

i liove in somerset - but travel for work all over nj/pa/de/md and beyond lol

so you name it - i have driven through it or past it :eek:

Oh cool man, I live up in Montague NJ, all the way at the top of NJ, by High Point.

·
Registered
421 Posts
the difference in the 3.5 and 3.6 is much more than the .1 liter. The 3.6 is a variable value timing(VVT) engine and the 3.5 is not. The 3.6 is much newer technology.
I don't believe that's exactly correct either. The original 3500 that was in my 2004 Malibu wasn't VVT, but the one in the newer Malibu's is. However, it's a pushrod (cam in block) engine design, and I'm not certain whether it's VVT on both intake and exhaust (easy to find out, using google, but I don't have the time just now). The 3600 is a dual overhead cam design (weighs more, as a result too, not to mention far larger space needed for it under the hood), and has VVT on both intake and exhaust.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.