Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here and wanted to show off my '09. It came off the truck Saturday morning and I bought it Saturday afternoon. It's a loaded out black granite LTZ with red brick interior.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Don,

I'm just wondering what the sticker is for the car? Because I'm getting the exact same car here in Canada and they have no pricing for me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Don,

I'm just wondering what the sticker is for the car? Because I'm getting the exact same car here in Canada and they have no pricing for me.
I wish I could tell you, seriously, when I got the car the sticker only said "2009 NOT FOR SALE, FLOOR MODEL ONLY" Since this was the first of 5 made and the first one sold they had no information on it and no reference so they made it up. I ended up paying $29k and change. The only thing that it doesn't have as far as I know is the 110v out put but does have the cig output back there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOL. well we're still in the dark here I guess... although a dealer called me to let me know pricing would be in their ordering system as of July 3rd.

Have you used the bluetooth option with your phone? Does your LTZ have the V6?

·
Registered
701 Posts
dday...

Looks like you got lots of questions to be answered! LOL...

I also ordered an 09' I see that the side marker is gone....I guess to list some of the questions we 09'er's may have.

1) Does yours have the Bluetooth feature? If so, have you used it?
2) Does it have the power adjustable pedals?
3) Are they any other noticable difference between your 09' and an 08'?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Grapes...

Where are you in Ontario? I am in Cambridge....By the way pricing has been released to the dealers for our 09's on order.

Just actually got my pricing from my dealer on Friday....So your dealer should be able to pull up the numbers for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. well we're still in the dark here I guess... although a dealer called me to let me know pricing would be in their ordering system as of July 3rd.

Have you used the bluetooth option with your phone? Does your LTZ have the V6?
I set up the bluetooth yesterday, it's pretty cool, I don't have a bluetooth head set or anything just the phone so this is my first experience with the feature. I made a couple of calls and could hear perfectly, the called party said I was a bit faint but not bad. You can program numbers into the cars phone book which is kind of a pain or you can use the numbers stored in your phone and the car will make the call, it displays caller ID and number dialed on the radio, which is pretty neat.
It does have the V6, I was going to get the 4 banger LTZ but they didn't have one. I drove an '08 V6 LTZ to get a feel for the options and such then drove the 4 a total of 100 yards and decided I had to have the V6, which is when we stumbled on to the '09 hidden at the back of the lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dday...

Looks like you got lots of questions to be answered! LOL...

I also ordered an 09' I see that the side marker is gone....I guess to list some of the questions we 09'er's may have.

1) Does yours have the Bluetooth feature? If so, have you used it?
2) Does it have the power adjustable pedals?
3) Are they any other noticable difference between your 09' and an 08'?

It does not have adjustable pedals, I'm not sure they are offered anymore, which stinks, my wifes 300c has them and it's really nice for my long legs.

I just posted about the blue tooth :)

Noticable differences......I thought the rims were new but since I've looked around this site I've been corrected. I really don't believe there are many differences that I've noticed but my experience with the '08 is limited. I can check if you know of anything specific that may have been rumored to change.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey DOA,

I'm in Oshawa, I just emailed my dealer about pricing we'll see what he comes back with can you share the pricing you got for your 2LT?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Grapes...

I work in Brampton, and live in Cambridge - Nice to see another Canuck on here....Happy Canada day by the way!

I sent you a PM - Don't want to highjack this thread.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Maybe you can answer a question the rest of us have had- the 08's have the button to adjust the pedals to the left of the interior dimmer knob and the foglight button. What's in that spot in your 2009?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe you can answer a question the rest of us have had- the 08's have the button to adjust the pedals to the left of the interior dimmer knob and the foglight button. What's in that spot in your 2009?
It's just a blank plate, I was wondering what option I was missing since there looked like it was for something.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Probably the first in North America to have one. Really a bummer they ditched the adjustable pedals....Hmmm....wonder how big the "pocket" behind it really is....They should have put a little storage compartment there. I remember on my 99 GP I had one on the right side of the steering wheel and used it a lot for "coffee" money....really was quite handy....although not very large. It is always good to have extra storage pockets.

Wonder if one could be made to fit in there?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probably the first in North America to have one. Really a bummer they ditched the adjustable pedals....Hmmm....wonder how big the "pocket" behind it really is....They should have put a little storage compartment there. I remember on my 99 GP I had one on the right side of the steering wheel and used it a lot for "coffee" money....really was quite handy....although not very large. It is always good to have extra storage pockets.

Wonder if one could be made to fit in there?

They may have, on the left side of the steering wheel there is a knob to adjust the dimmer and a button for the driving lights to the left of that is a blank button which is where I thought the pedal adjustment was, below all this is a change storage compartment. Remember back in the day cars had ash trays, it's like an ash tray that's lined with rubber. If I can remember to do it I'll take a picture of the entire area and post it so you all can clarify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks pretty much like my '08 except for the side marker lights...I'm liking the ebony/brick interior more and more each day. So does everyone who sees it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks pretty much like my '08 except for the side marker lights...I'm liking the ebony/brick interior more and more each day. So does everyone who sees it!
This interior really looks much better in person, I hated it when I saw it online but loved it when I test drove the car and thats what I got in mine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This interior really looks much better in person, I hated it when I saw it online but loved it when I test drove the car and thats what I got in mine.
100% agree, online the brick looked cheesy but once I got into it I changed my tune rather quckly.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.