Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2018 Malibu is running great. I have no warning lights, and no check engine light. But the my chevrolet app is saying that my ABS needs to be serviced.Has anyone else experienced this issue?, and should i pay the $200 that the dealership is charging

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,245 Posts
Not all codes trigger a warning light on your dash. The App can send notifications about these "hidden" codes. The problem is, the app can be glitchy and I know it was recently updated. If you didn't have the app you wouldn't even know there is a code hidden because the car doesn't think it is serious enough. I would take it to a parts store and get a code scan. Being an ABS alert I would at least get it scanned for free soon. I wouldn't go straight to the dealer to fork over $200 to have them just clear it and send you on your way.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,245 Posts
Yeah, braking is important. That's why I suggest getting a scan to see what the code is (if there is one, again could be an app glitch). I just wouldn't pay the dealer to scan considering you have no light on. If there is a code it might be good to know - it could be a warning sign of something brewing or to keep an eye on. If you happen to get it scanned... let us know what the code is. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts