Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 malibu 2.4 liter flex fuel six speed automatic transmission. I got hit by a semi in the back today. The wrecker thinks it's totaled. Said the year and the damage. I post on here a bit so I thought I'd post this. I don't know how I walked away from it. Also my airbags didn't deploy... 馃槵馃槵馃槵

C2D96871-47F5-46F0-8D4B-98123A792896.jpeg

Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
That definitely looks totaled. Sorry to read of that. I'm glad you walked away. The lack of airbag deployment is probably normal. Getting hit in the rear usually won't do it and the secondary frontal impact probably didn't reach the threshold. Getting hit by a truck is about the worst case scenario. Did you see the truck before the impact or was this a wild surprise?

Reactions: Doworkscotty

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was merging on the expressway in construction zone.i couldn't speed up or I would've rear ended the semi in front of me.

Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
Wow, so glad to know that you walked away! I'm really sad that you suffered the damage, too. I'd love to see it fixed up, but sadly, it's probably not feasible.

Administrator
If you have gap insurance and the insurance pays off less than you owe, gap will cover up to $5000.

In 2013, my purchased-new 2011 had only 44,ooo miles on it. I owed about $5000 more than book value and it was totaled. Gap kept me from owing money on something I no longer owned due to no fault of my own (a flood). Of course, I also lost what I paid for 3 years and nothing to show for it.

I'm so glad I had gap coverage!

Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
Are you being listed as at-fault even though you were hit so hard that it pushed you into the next vehicle?

Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
Oh now I see. Legally, they may default the right-of-way to the truck that hit you. I hope everything goes as smoothly and painlessly as possible.

Reactions: Doworkscotty

Administrator
Was the truck on the freeway already, or was it behind you on the on-ramp? That could be a factor in what they decide.

Regardless of the outcome, I just hope that you're okay and you can find a new ride that's affordable and dependable.

Registered
2011 malibu 2.4 liter flex fuel six speed automatic transmission. I got hit by a semi in the back today. The wrecker thinks it's totaled. Said the year and the damage. I post on here a bit so I thought I'd post this. I don't know how I walked away from it. Also my airbags didn't deploy... 馃槵馃槵馃槵

View attachment 70940 View attachment 70940
View attachment 70941 View attachment 70942
I hate to see this man.. Gut wrenching... At least you're alright brother.

Administrator
See if they'll cover the remaining balance under the part where you were struck from behind, which is the other guy's insurance.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was the truck on the freeway already, or was it behind you on the on-ramp? That could be a factor in what they decide.

Regardless of the outcome, I just hope that you're okay and you can find a new ride that's affordable and dependable.
The truck was already on the espressway and I was on too for a couple seconds before it happened.

Premium Member
Good luck.
2.4 'nox have had timing chain issues. 6 cyl. have had no issues.
Synth. oil is your friend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts