Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Malibu is down.

4K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  DrivenDaily 
#1 ·
2011 malibu 2.4 liter flex fuel six speed automatic transmission. I got hit by a semi in the back today. The wrecker thinks it's totaled. Said the year and the damage. I post on here a bit so I thought I'd post this. I don't know how I walked away from it. Also my airbags didn't deploy... 😬😬😬

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

See less See more
#2 ·
That definitely looks totaled. Sorry to read of that. I'm glad you walked away. The lack of airbag deployment is probably normal. Getting hit in the rear usually won't do it and the secondary frontal impact probably didn't reach the threshold. Getting hit by a truck is about the worst case scenario. Did you see the truck before the impact or was this a wild surprise?

Reactions: Doworkscotty
#4 ·
Wow, so glad to know that you walked away! I'm really sad that you suffered the damage, too. I'd love to see it fixed up, but sadly, it's probably not feasible.

#6 ·
If you have gap insurance and the insurance pays off less than you owe, gap will cover up to $5000.

In 2013, my purchased-new 2011 had only 44,ooo miles on it. I owed about $5000 more than book value and it was totaled. Gap kept me from owing money on something I no longer owned due to no fault of my own (a flood). Of course, I also lost what I paid for 3 years and nothing to show for it.

I'm so glad I had gap coverage!

#11 ·
Was the truck on the freeway already, or was it behind you on the on-ramp? That could be a factor in what they decide.

Regardless of the outcome, I just hope that you're okay and you can find a new ride that's affordable and dependable.

#14 ·
See if they'll cover the remaining balance under the part where you were struck from behind, which is the other guy's insurance.

#18 ·
Good luck.
2.4 'nox have had timing chain issues. 6 cyl. have had no issues.
Synth. oil is your friend.

#23 ·
Congrats on getting back on the road so soon! I hope you have many pleasant miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.