Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very pleased to have just purchased a new '09 Malibu Hybrid. I'll post pictures and advise on fuel economy as I have time and information.

It's a great looking car and I'm very excited about it.:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wow, you're lucky, I've never even seen a Malibu Hybrid. Congrats!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Congrats....I am sure you will find many on here are anxious to hear what kind of MPG's you are pulling.

Welcome

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What color is your Hybrid?
Black Metallic, which is more dark gray than black. The hybrid rims for '09 are the same as the LT2.

After about 135 miles yesterday and today I am averaging 32.5 by the DIC. Should only get better.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Black Metallic, which is more dark gray than black. The hybrid rims for '09 are the same as the LT2.

After about 135 miles yesterday and today I am averaging 32.5 by the DIC. Should only get better.
Yes, and the ratings are up for 2009. Used to be 24/32, now 26/34...which, if achievable, is very good.

Congrats on having both a 2009 AND a Hybrid!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats, what tranny does it have? A 6 spd auto? Does it cut the motor off at red lights? No other thing the hybrid does, is there? Where is the extra battery?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats, what tranny does it have? A 6 spd auto? Does it cut the motor off at red lights? No other thing the hybrid does, is there? Where is the extra battery?
It has the 4 speed. I am not sure of the logic behind that tranny in lieu of the six speed.

Yes, the motor shuts off at a stop light. You can hear it cut out, but the restart is smooth as silk.

The extra battery is in the trunk, tight to the rear seat. It runs the full width, and stands about 6 inches tall. Relatively unobtrusive in my estimation.

FWIW, the DIC read 34.2 after my first tank. I did not calculate manually, as I was unsure if the dealer gave me a 100% full tank. I am now on my second tank and reading 35.4 by the DIC. I've never calculated my city/highway split, but I'm only averaging 43 miles per hour.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll add some pictures later this week if someone can instruct me how.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.