Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A bit overkill for this car but if you got a good deal then more power to ya!
Pretty sure I already said that this was the biggest waste of a set of Brembos..... As yeah, car didn't NEED them, but I wanted to see if I could do this, and I did. I'll say the braking performance, not surprisingly, is significantly improved, and really pulls the car down quickly at highway speeds. I guess I should have tested the before and after 60-0 distance, but I haven't. Yet 😉

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,028 Posts
So the GS has floating 2 piston, or fixed 2 piston calipers? I don't see much advantage to either...
You know...the buick website refers to them as "dual piston" in several places but now I'm pretty sure they're just wrong. They look like 4-piston brembos and all the info I'm seeing on replacement brake parts indicates that as well. That's what I get for believing GM marketing material at face value.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You know...the buick website refers to them as "dual piston" in several places but now I'm pretty sure they're just wrong. They look like 4-piston brembos and all the info I'm seeing on replacement brake parts indicates that as well. That's what I get for believing GM marketing material at face value.
BTW... In your sig, had a manual SS lined up, but went with the Camaro SS manual instead. I really like the sleeper look of the SS, but the parts availability in the Camaro is orders of magnitude higher. Sweet ride you have there though...

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,028 Posts
BTW... In your sig, had a manual SS lined up, but went with the Camaro SS manual instead. I really like the sleeper look of the SS, but the parts availability in the Camaro is orders of magnitude higher. Sweet ride you have there though...
Thanks, I appreciate that. The SS sedan ticks a lot of my favorite niche boxes and I needed the practicality of it. I'm sure the limited parts availability will bite me in the a$$ sooner or later, but I absolutely love the car. If GM had made the Camaro a more livable daily when they redesigned it in 2016, I'd probably be driving one instead.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts