Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I thought I would post up some pictures of my 1997 Malibu. I know most of you guys have the 2008 bu but you got to know were your roots are from sometimes. My car has 135,000 miles on it and still runs strong, the car drives very smoothy for its age and I love the overall ride of the car. Ive done alot to it since I got it back it Septmber 2006. As you can see I installed aftermarket rims (Mille Miglia 11-2) added smoked headlights, painted the tails. Tuned the PCM to give me better Gas mileage, and smoother shifts. I've also done some other exterior mods that you can see in the pictures. Performance mods that I have done are a WAI air filter, and a Flowmaster Super40 muffler and a strut tower bar. I've done more but this post would be a mile long.

Just to think though when the 1997 Malibu was introduced in 1996 it was named the North American Car of the Year, just like the 2008. Its amazing how things have changed in 11 years.

The Black Malibu is my Mom's 2003 and my grandmother also has a 1999 Malibu with only 23,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow - that car look in great shape for all those years/miles you got on her! I actually like the design of your Bu' for an older car...the rims are very nice indeed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey thanks 08leaser. Its in pretty good shape except for a little rust under the fuel door but thats getting fixed soon, and the hood is dented up underneath the hood protector. Thats why I have it on there. Besides that its great, I try to clean it on a weekly basis to keep the paint looking ok.

Oh and also I installed those mirrors from an Grand AM GT, if you guys were wondering.

By the way heres a picture of the engine bay. Its the 3.1 V6 engine (M vin)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they were very nicely designed for there time, seeing that there were designed in 95-96 for the 1997 model year. Chevy designed a car that never looked out if date the older it got. It still looks somewhat of a newer designed car but nothing compared to the 08s. You should post up some pics of your 200 we would love to see it. :cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Pizza Man, the blue probably is my favorite clolr on the malibus

Malibooboo, I knew someone was going to ask that. There was never an SS for 97-03 years and I wanted to make my own rendition of how one might of looked if they did make one so thats what I did. Its still not done, its my ungoing project. I want to do some major performance upgrades next year if I got the money, right now I have a muffler and WAI and a custom tuned PCM and just those three things alone have given a considable boost in power.

They did make a 06-07 SS though;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
^ Yea Chevy likes to come out with an SS version of old models prior to a new model year. That Bu looks great for the years and mileage...Keep up the good work...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks notmycar.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the smoked headlights, they look pretty cool. I always did like that paint color.

·
Registered
27 Posts
posted on ur prior post.. didnt even think to look at the date, still love ur dard headlights as well what did u do with them to get them to look.. darker or are they aftermarket.. i have an 04 classic im trying to go with a luxury theme.. we'll see, not alot of options for these cars.. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.