Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine has a one year old Chrysler 300. Before we got our Malibu we had taken a few trips in the 300 and I had always been impressed with that car. It seemed quiet, smooth and had a nice solid ride. Well last week we took a trip and my friend offered to drive us in the 300. This was my first ride in it since getting our new Malibu. Now I still think the 300 is a fine car but I frankly could not believe how much smoother and quieter our Malibu is. I was sitting in the front seat and immediately noticed more wind noise, tire noise etc. Even the engine noise was much louder them my 4 cylinder makes. There is alot of space in the 300, but aside from that I found the car to be much less refined then the Malibu,, which really surprised me. Don't mean to bash anyones 300 but the Malibu has really spoiled me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I completely agree. My Malibu has made my Firebird seem like a sinking ship with all of its creaks, groans and rattles. Its quite funny actually as even my wife notices how loud my car is.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I noticed this too, specifically with the 300, as it is something else I originally wanted. There seems to be a difference in smoothness with the Malibu based on wheel size though, and when you get into the 18s it's pretty close to the 300 in ride (not as smooth with the larger wheels), but it's quieter, looks nicer inside and seems more ergonomic for the driver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm still amazed with how quiet the Malibu is. It is far quieter than my wife's Mazda 3.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Same here. I did not realize how noisy my Sienna 04 was until I had the Bu. I still hear some intrusive wind noise which I guess it comes from the back. If GM laminated the rear side windows like they did with the windshield and front side windows then it will be perfect for me! But I must accept that the engine noise is hardly heard unless I lower the windows.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My parents have an 07 300 with leather and nav. The thing I don't like about the 300 is the lack of features for the price compared to Malibu. Thier 300 lacks auto headlights, alloy wheels, auto start, DIC, sun roof, power passenger seat, heated seats, and some other things I can't remember right now. My parents paid about what we did for thier 300 and IMO got less car but I do like the 300.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Same here. I did not realize how noisy my Sienna 04 was until I had the Bu. I still hear some intrusive wind noise which I guess it comes from the back. If GM laminated the rear side windows like they did with the windshield and front side windows then it will be perfect for me! But I must accept that the engine noise is hardly heard unless I lower the windows.
I wonder how expensive it would be to either have the glass laminated or replaced with laminated glass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.