Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share... this was all done with vinyl film.

The color is "charcoal" on the tail/headlights, and bowties were done with black vinyl.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's sharp!

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Very sharp!! Kinda jealous :D

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Cool car....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys...
To get the look, I just took it to a local detailing shop that deals with vinyl and had them cover the bowties with black, and smoke the headlights and tails...

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's ironic that I'm about to say this about a dark-colored car (black yet) after recently explaining how and why I prefer lighter-colored cars but that car is gorgeous! Nice job with everything you've done with it, Noise. :)

One thing though-- I'm hoping there's no risk of you damaging your headlights by tinting them. I say this because I used to have headlight covers on my 94 Cougar (http://www.coolcats.net/photos/index.php?ID=161) and I went through a couple of sets of headlights before realizing why the housing was cracking and letting water inside: the covers kept light/heat in and so they got too hot and warped. That's my theory anyway.

But my covers were darker and of course thicker than what you've got going on there, I think you should be fine. Again, nice job.

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually, I just remembered that I was also putting extra bright (thus extra hot) bulbs in to compensate for the lost light.

I know... Dim bulb... Not so bright... You guys add your own. LOL

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.