Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So, my car has been randomly, not often, been cutting out all audio until I do a hard reset on the car (leave it off for 10 minutes).

I mainly use Apple CarPlay, and when listening to music, or making a phone call, I’m no longer able to adjust the audio. The volume wheel does nothing. If I use the steering wheel audio controls, the volume slider will show in the DIC, however; a red bar will be at the top.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Reflex camera Camera accessory

Any help would be appreciated. Audio works normally at other times, except some weird static here and there while using CarPlay.

Vehicle is a 2018 Malibu LT with Tech Package 1.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
Is this problem always with the phone connected using carplay or does it also happen when using radio/xm etc with phone disconnected?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this problem always with the phone connected using carplay or does it also happen when using radio/xm etc with phone disconnected?
Since I mainly use CarPlay, I only notice it while in CarPlay. If I disconnect my iPhone from MyLink, AM/FM and SiriusXM won't deliver audio either, until I leave the car powered off for 10 minutes to do a "hard reset". If I press the blue OnStar button, I can hear the call, but that's it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
If it were my car I'd disconnect the phone, reset the system using the menu reset then use it without carplay for a couple days to see if the same thing happens. It would help point which direction to investigate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I have tested it per your recommendation. It is still performing the same as above without using CarPlay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts