Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Malibu 2013 LTZ 2.0 Diesel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello together

I have the following problems with the radio. It is not a MyLink radio.
1. the Iphone is not always detected cleanly. The Iphone 4 works 80-90% and the Iphone 11 also.
An Iphone 5 always causes noise. Have also tried several.
The whole thing happens via USB

2. when I run a radio update via SD card, the whole system crashes. This does not happen with another identical Chevrolet.
It was I think an Opel 600/900 Navi update what eingentlich should also go.
With the crash it was so that it came about after 1-2 minutes. Whether I was in the Navi inside or in the music application.

Do you have any suggestions? Best thanks and greetings

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,605 Posts
Thanks for adding your vehicle info to your avatar! I don't know enough about the Infotainment Systems to comment, so I'll let others guide you.

·
Banned
2015 Chevrolet Malibu LT 1LT, 2.5L DOHC Ecotec, 6-speed Auto
114 Posts
Are you referring to the Bluetooth connection and having issues with getting your iPhones to connect to the car, or are you using a different type of connection?

I have the MyLink touchscreen, in my 2015 Malibu 1LT, so I may not be of much help, as I am also not familiar with each type of infotainment systems used in the 8th Gen.

·
Registered
Chevrolet Malibu 2013 LTZ 2.0 Diesel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply, I was traveling for a long time and have forgotten the whole thing awenig.
I try to connect the Iphone via USB. Since the radio does not transmit music via bluetooth.

I go now next week to my Opel/Chevrolet dealer and will install an update.
The danger is according to him that the radio could break.
Do you know if I can install any radio which has a Malibu?
There are Mylink radios, which I find very nice and then mine which is not a MyLink radio :D

Best regards
Nici2142

1 - 4 of 4 Posts