Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a gen-7 donut spare for 2009 Chevy Malibu LT 3.6L. 5 lug 110mm bolt pattern. Junk yard no luck. Need it cheap, not dealer price, any suggestions?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,967 Posts
In 2013 I needed to find 4 donut spares for my flooded/totaled 2011 just so it would roll. I found them at a few junk yards around town but still can't find any Malibus around here! I paid $25 each.

They can also come from a Pontiac G6 (sister to the Malibu), Saturn Aura (another sister).

If you check an online tire or wheel retailer, you might be able to find a chart of wheels with the same bolt circle (and don't forget the offset!) and then use that to chase down other donor vehicles.

If you'd like to know your offset, look at the backside of one of the spokes on the stock wheel and it'll tell you all sorts of info. It's molded in. I remember seeing it when I had some muffler work done but I don't recall the offset or other info. But it's there and you'll always be able to find it if you forget, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 2013 I needed to find 4 donut spares for my flooded/totaled 2011 just so it would roll. I found them at a few junk yards around town but still can't find any Malibus around here! I paid $25 each.

They can also come from a Pontiac G6 (sister to the Malibu), Saturn Aura (another sister).

If you check an online tire or wheel retailer, you might be able to find a chart of wheels with the same bolt circle (and don't forget the offset!) and then use that to chase down other donor vehicles.

If you'd like to know your offset, look at the backside of one of the spokes on the stock wheel and it'll tell you all sorts of info. It's molded in. I remember seeing it when I had some muffler work done but I don't recall the offset or other info. But it's there and you'll always be able to find it if you forget, too.
Thanks for the info. I learned a lot during my quest for a donut-spare ie. offsets,110mm vs 115mm bolt pattern, molded info on back of rims etc.. Since my donut spare only had a broken valve stem,I was able to replace it with a new one using an quick valve change tool which I purchased on Amazon for $25. It's made of steel and works good on replacing valve stems, of course it won't work on TPMS tires but great for non-TPMS module tires. Donut spare back in service and it saved me over $100.00+++!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts