Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help Locating motor oil plug in 04 malibu

Does any one know where can I located the bolt,plug or screw to drain the motor oil in my 2004 chevy malibu . I though I found it but but the one I found by the oil pan was more like transmission oil instead of motor oil . i need some help or a picture.:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am really going to say this w/o being a jerk...take it somewhere.

but if you must do it yourself..find the oil pan and follow it till you see a bolt. they are generally in the bottom "hump"

·
Registered
438 Posts
Need Help Locating motor oil plug in 04 malibu

Does any one know where can I located the bolt,plug or screw to drain the motor oil in my 2004 chevy malibu . I though I found it but but the one I found by the oil pan was more like transmission oil instead of motor oil . i need some help or a picture.:)
Go buy a Haynes or Chilton manual. I prefer Haynes w/better pictures.

·
Registered
489 Posts

but if you must do it yourself..find the oil pan and follow it till you see a bolt. they are generally in the bottom "hump"
Yeah, take it to a shop, ask if you can watch them change the oil, then next time around do it yourself. I hope you filled the tranny fluid back up after you drained part of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you run your hand along the back edge of the oil pan, you will feel the oil plug. It's on the back edge of the oil pan.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Agreed. I don't want to come off as being rude but if you need to ask this question you should probably have assistance from someone who is experienced. Do not take these as negative comments. Everyone has to learn. No one is born with the necessary knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.