Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just recently purchased a Chevy Malibu 2013 eco from a private party for a good deal.
99,615 miles. Salvage title.

it needs some attention mechanically and cosmetically. Apparently it has a bad alternator? Or charging system failure according to with the dash says. Battery wouldn’t stay charged according to previous owner.

He also noted there’s a error or code with the eassist motor in the back or something like that But it still functions.

upon inspection I see that some things are broken or missing. Like someone tried
To repair this vehicle. Take a look below at these video and
and you tell me.

yeah I see somethings are missing but I can’t seem to find the parts or the part name or number. Maybe you Malibu Enthusiasts can tell me or help me. Have a picture I got off
Google for reference. The exact model is a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu eco 1sa.

If you have any suggestions or information so I can find the parts it needs. Leave them on the YouTube videos and I’ll reply back on there or you can leave them on here and I’ll check back frequently. I’m a BMW enthusiast so I am ignorant to these cars and the problems that come with them.... lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,676 Posts
Wow, you're a brave guy taking on a pretty rare mild hybrid Malibu with a salvage title.

You can get pretty much any GM part (complete with diagrams) at gmpartsdirect.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are dinny
Wow, you're a brave guy taking on a pretty rare mild hybrid Malibu with a salvage title.

You can get pretty much any GM part (complete with diagrams) at gmpartsdirect.com
Will definitely look into that most definitely. Thanks for the resource. & Well yeah unfortunately and it’s kinda scary looking at these OEM parts prices...

wow that car has already been to hell and back
yes that’s very true but, does that Necessarily mean it can be properly fixed and restored back to normal and original functioning condition?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah I work quite a bit and have other cars so I keep up with so I procrastinated with this one a bit.

Updates:

ordered a new Alternator. Part number #24261191 the one that came out of here was or is #24266687. Confirmed that the new one will fit just like the original with the auto parts seller.

Once I drop the alternator in there I can start to troubleshoot any other issues that May be present within the engine. Hopefully it’s just the alternator.

found the air intake/box pieces in the trunk. They were kinda taped up and ripped so will replace soon.

the main thing I’m looking for it the part that hold the hood lift strut. It’s like a little slot or something like that. (it’s pictured below)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you know what this or what what it’s called let me know. Because I don’t see it on mines.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,434 Posts
It's a nitrogen gas-pressurized "strong arm" hood strut. You might be able to find them at most auto parts stores. I found a pair for my Gen7 trunk lid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the information but, unfortunately the actual part I’m looking for is apparently the nitrogen gas port that’s powering the strong arm. On my vehicle this is missing

It's a nitrogen gas-pressurized "strong arm" hood strut. You might be able to find them at most auto parts stores. I found a pair for my Gen7 trunk lid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apparently it’s a “ball stud“ that holds the strong arm. Can’t find oem anywhere. All I see is universal ones

·
Administrator
17,434 Posts
The ball stud is what is bolted to the vehicle. The strong arm snaps onto it. Which part do you need, the ball stud or the strong arm?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would most definitely be the ball stud. And where exactly does it bolt on? Can you take a picture of where it is located on your vehicle?

·
Administrator
17,434 Posts
Mine is a Gen7 so it may be different, but it'll be similar enough that it should help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts